TGIT! Sounds like the perfect excuse to drink margaritas to me!
Even though Cinco de Mayo is still a few months off, I pretty much drink margaritas year-round. Last week for my friend Lauren’s birthday, we hit up one of our favorite local restaurants: Citizen Burger Bar. On the cocktail menu? These winter margaritas.
Lauren ordered a winter margarita first, and I knew I made a mistake ordering wine as soon as hers came out. Rimmed with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, it incorporates some more wintery spices while still staying true to that lime-and-tequila goodness of a classic margarita.
So this weekend, I decided to recreate these at home. How fun would these be served up in these gorgeous Blush Label Ella Urchin Highball Glasses? (You may have seen The Blush Label here before—they make those Bombay Pillows I am obsessed with! Turns out they have the cutest entertaining accessories as well.)
Ingredients // Per 8 ounce Serving
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon syrup
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 5 ounces tonic water
- Optional: splash of pineapple juice
- Optional: cinnamon sugar mixture for rim
- Fresh limes for garnish
- Rim glass with a mixture of 1/2 cinnamon and 1/2 sugar if desired.
- Pour tequila, licor 43, cinnamon syrup, and fresh lime juice into shaker. Shake rapidly for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain shaker into a Blush Label’s Ella Urchin Highball Glass filled with ice. Top off with tonic water. Finish with a splash of pineapple juice if desired.
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge. Cheers!
Thank you to The Blush Label for the complimentary Ella Urchin Highball Glasses. I’ve shopped at The Blush Label for nearly a year now and it’s become one of my go-to places for decor and entertaining accessories. As always, y’all are the best for supporting the brands that keep A Touch of Teal’s doors open.