It’s February and you know what that means!
That Groundhog better not see his damn shadow today.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day!
For the past two years, I’ve celebrated the day of love with my BFF M. In 2014, ago we made a homemade pizza and
watched Friends talked for hours while drinking wine, and last year, we went to the Washingtonian Singles Party with Alicia and Lisa.
This year, we’re planning on going to the movies to see How to Be Single. We saw the trailer for it back in December when we went to see Sisters and immediately knew it was meant to be. Our local theater has the nice seats that fully recline, and we fully intend on sneaking in bottles of wine.
What are y’all up to for Valentine’s Day?
It’s definitely a tricky holiday if you’re single. I compare it to New Years Eve, there’s a lot of hype around it, but at the end of the day, it’s just that—another day.
So regardless of whether you’ll be spending your 14th celebrating Valentine’s with your man or Galentine’s with your ladies, these berry champagne cocktails should be an instant hit. Added bonus, they’re so easy to make—just follow the mimosa method: half alcohol, half mixer. And since Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday, there really is no excuse not to make these for brunch!
Ingredients // Per Serving
- 1 part Champagne
- 1 part Strawberry Lemonade
- 1/2 tablespoon of Raspberry Syrup
- Raspberry or other fruit to garnish
- Fill champagne flute halfway with champagne. I used these super cute stemless ones from World Market to make them extra-festive.
- Top glass off with strawberry lemonade and finish off with a dash of raspberry syrup.
- Garnish with fruit of your choosing, and enjoy! #cheers