Happy New Year! I’m back with the books I read in Q4 this year (October, November, December) and there were a lot of good ones that made their way to my nightstand. In Q1, I read 22 books, in Q2, I read 17 books, in Q3, I read 26 books, and in Q4, I finished out the year by reading 25 books. The reading goal I set for myself at the start of the year was 75 books, and I exceeded that by reading 90 total books (!!!).
Before I recap all the books I read this summer, I wanted to remind you of my book rating system:
- Five Stars: an amazing book I could not put down and/or stop thinking about once I finished it; would highly recommend reading it!
- Four Stars: a great book that stands out above your average read that I would highly recommend reading.
- Three Stars: an average book that I generally enjoyed, but if you asked me for a book recommendation, I’d probably recommend another title first.
- Two Stars: a terrible book that was hard to finish; I would not recommend reading it.
- One Star: a book that was among the worst I’ve ever read. You probably won’t see too many of these because I usually DNF (do not finish) these books and don’t count them towards my yearly reading goal.
For 2024, I decided to sunset these quarterly reading recaps in an effort to better prioritize where I spend my time on my creative projects (more to come on this soon!) — but will continue to share everything I read in real-time over on Goodreads and via my Instagram Stories.
As is custom on these posts, I wanted to call out that I’m part of a program where Random House will send me some of their new titles each month. I’m under no obligation to post about any titles I receive, so I really can tell you my own opinion (good or bad!) about them. I’ve starred the books Random House sent me for free below. I’m so lucky to be sent books and am really grateful for the opportunity to partner with Random House in this way. And, as always, you can follow along with what I am reading in real time over on Goodreads.
Happy reading — and please let me know if there’s been anything good on your nightstand lately! x Read more “On My Nightstand: Fall 2023”