Happy Friday, ladies!
Sorry I have been MIA all week. You probably know—mostly because I won’t shut up about it—I am moving to a new apartment this weekend and my entire life has been packing, switching utilities over, and dealing with an incompetent leasing agent who accidentally booked our time slot in the freight elevator for 9-11 pm instead of 9-11 am. Needless to say, I am so ready to be settled. I am giving myself a housewarming gift by having my champagne beaded art professionally framed. I know that is a favorite piece among many of you, so I will be sure to show pictures once it’s done.
Now I know it probably feels like every blogger everywhere is talking about the #NSale, but I really do think it is worth the hype. Of course, I should be picking up pieces for The Blog Societies Conference in Charleston next month as opposed to pimping out my fall wardrobe, but when you’re favorite leggings are just $35 and you find the cutest booties that clock in just at $100, it’s hard to say no.
I actually obtained a Nordstrom credit card earlier this year just so I could shop the sale early. Typically, Nordstrom cardholders receive twice the number of reward points as regular customers, but yesterday I was offered triple points, so I’m feeling extra good about my splurge. I rounded up a few of my favorite finds from the sale, which opens up to the general public on July 22, for y’all below. Act fast as many items will sell out!
I’d love to know what you’re picking up so I can get more ideas! And, on an unrelated note, if you find any cute clothes anywhere on the Internet that would be good for the August heat of Charleston and New Orleans, I am all ears. I hope you have a great weekend! x
- I thought this was something out of 24: Every British Prime Minister writes a “letter of last resort.”
- Hallie wrote a great post about how to party smarter this summer. (Note to self: buy Sprite.)
- Monica wrote a great post on how to find housing in Washington, DC.
- People are roasting this hilarious email Microsoft sent to interns.
- Cathy wrote a wonderful post about how to attend NYFW as a blogger.
- How travel writing evolved into travel blogging, and what brands can get from both.
- Julia of Lemon Stripes wrote a great post about money, and it makes me want to get my finances in order.
- I loved Ashlee’s post about how to obtain the coveted Southwest companion pass.
- The evolution of fitness in 10 iconic trends.
- A great read on how to set your camera up in manual mode for different situations.
- My girl crush on Victoria grew even more after reading her AMA.