It’s here y’all! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opened to card holders today and opens to the general public on July 21.
I know if you’re a blog reader, you’re probably inundated with posts about the sale. I totally feel you on that one, and know that seeing posts about it over-and-over again can get old real quick. So, I promise I’ll only do this ONE post on the sale.
This really is my first time doing a post on the sale for three main reasons—the first being that I am a Nordstrom cardholder and can shop the sale early, so I’m a bit more invested than I have been in years past. Second, I generally make the most money from affiliate link sales through my holiday gift guides, so there wasn’t much incentive to do the sale. But, I decided to give it a go this year for my third reason, which is that after having shopped the sale for the last two years, I really do feel like you can get some great deals on items that never go on sale. For instance, I bought these Zella High Waist Leggings, a pair of Vince Camuto booties, and an amazing Natori t-shirt bra last year, all of which never really went on sale again. Even though it’s a lot of money to drop upfront, it does pay off in the long run.
A couple of quick tips before I share my favorites with you:
- Nordstrom has free shipping and free returns. Use this to your advantage. You should have seen my cart yesterday. I bought my favorite items in multiple colors and sizes to try them on and see what I like—but also snag backups in case items sell out.
- If something is sold out online, check back often! Nordstrom is known to restock items throughout the sale, especially right before it opens to the general public on July 21. And, if something is sold out online, it could still be in your local store.
Alright, enough chat, let’s get shopping!
(A note that I’ve put an asterisk next to anything I own or ordered from the sale already—I’m hoping to add the rest if I find a million dollars on the street ;])
* How cute ate these leopard d’Orsay ankle wrap flats? There was a similar pair out last year that I always kicked myself for not buying, so I am glad they brought them back.
* I am really excited about this blue button front dress. I think it will be perfect for work and for UVA football games come this fall.
* I really want this sweater in all colors, but had to have some self-restraint so I opted for the cocoa / pearl heather. The reviews on this one are amazing!
* I am so excited about this tank that I bought it in three colors—the black and white stripes, the black, and the white. I think it’ll be super cute with leggings and jeans come fall!
* I own last year’s version of this shirt and wore it so much that it ripped on the seam. This is seriously the best top for work because it goes with everything. Added bonus—it comes in multiple colors.
* If you like the ruffle sleeves of the top above, but aren’t a fan of peplum, this shirt might be a good fit. I bought this one, too, since I can never have enough black blouses for work. This top also comes in other colors.
* Clearly, I have a thing for ruffle-trim tops, but I love how this one is on the side. Super cute! (It comes in three other colors, too.)
* Speaking of blouses for work, I’m really excited to see how this blush wrap one looks in-person, because it is gorgeous in the pictures!
* Since I’ve been working out a lot more lately, I knew I wanted to pick up a new pair of sneakers. These Nikes are so cute, and I’m really hoping they restock the blush ones.
* Speaking of workout gear, I own both these high-waisted cut-out leggings and the regular Zella high-waisted leggings. I literally donated all my other leggings because nothing compares to these.
Last year I snagged a pair of suede booties just like these during the sale and was so happy I did. I love the slit detail on these.
Baublebar earrings are my absolute favorite because they are so lightweight. These would be perfect for Christmas or NYE—and they’re under $30!
* I’ve never talked about bras on here because it’s a bit weird, but I thought it was worth sucking it up to tell you that Natori bras are my absolute favorite and I am going to stock up for the year during this sale. I find they run TTS. A lot of gals swear by their “feathers” style, but I’m opting for this style, which is very similar to their t-shirt bra I love.
Hands down, the best deal on diptyque candles all year! I really want to buy these, but had to have some self-restraint somewhere ;]. These go fast, so snag them now if you want them!
How cute is this asymmetrical zip coat? Would be perfect for holiday parties or those days when it’s chilly, but not so cold you forget all fashion laws.
* I picked up this ruffle neck blouse in both blush and black since I think it’ll be perfect for work and under cardigans.
This Zella sweater looks like it’d be perfect for a lazy day lounging or to wear to-and-from a workout class. I love when sleeves have holes for your thumbs!
On the topic of jeans, these look like the perfect skinny jeans for fall—and when Rag & Bone is discounted, you know it’s time to buy.
* My friend Molly has a jacket like this that she wears when it’s too cold for a stylish wool jacket, but not cold enough for the sleeping-bag-you-can-wear parka. Since I’ll be walking to work in the new place, I picked one up myself!
Can anyone else see Kate Middleton wearing this dress? I think it’s perfect for work and would be so cute with tights, too. It also comes in another pattern and solid.
* This dress is gorgeous! It will be perfect for a holiday party or wedding. It also comes in a stunning red color.
* I love the shoulder ruffles on this one! It’ll be the perfect dress for work this fall. Plus, you can never have enough navy!