C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS! THE CAPITALS WON THE STANLEY CUP!
Last night was such a fun one in DC—around 4pm, Laura, Ashlee, Monica, Kristyn, and I started talking about our plans for Game 5. We quickly realized we all were going to be watching it at home solo, so instead of blowing up the group text all night, we decided to meet up at Rebellion in Dupont and cheer the Caps on together. I cancelled my Orangetheory class—something I’ve never done before!—and I’m so glad I did. When your home team has the chance to play for the Stanley Cup, you go watch! We stayed for the whole game, sang “We are the Champions” with the rest of the bar, and then took a victory lap through Dupont Circle. The city was so alive, and I’m so glad I was able to watch the game downtown with some of my best friends. I know this is a memory of my 20s I’ll cherish forever—especially since, as a DC sports fan, we’re not used to winning!
This weekend I’m off to my five year reunion at UVA! I’m looking forward to being back in my college town with all of my best friends—in some ways, it seems like a lifetime has passed since graduation, in others, it seems like a couple of weeks. I took today off work so that I could get into town in time for our class meet up at King Family Vineyard this afternoon.
I hope you have a great weekend, and I’ll catch you back here next week at some point! x
- My friend Annie’s Nashville home is stunning.
- A new study confirms that you’re going to regret not chasing your crazy dreams.
- Instagram is finally introducing a mute button for your feed.
- Loving this new Inside Trader Joe’s podcast—one of my favorite grocery stores.
- Absolutely loved Jen Shoop’s post on breaking curfew and eschewing routine.
- Victoria always shares the best links and product recommendations in her digest series.
- How to get through creative dry spells.
- How I get it done: Barbara Corcoran.
- Some good thoughts on breaking up with friends as an adult.
- How an aspiring ‘it girl’ tricked New York’s party people and its banks.
And here’s what’s been new lately on TOT:
Thanks for sharing my post! The thought of curfews/rules has been lingering with me ever since I wrote it, and now I find myself routinely asking my friends about their thoughts on it, too…xo
Of course, I absolutely loved it – very thought provoking and a good conversation starter!