Happy Friday! This week was wild—we had a snowstorm here in DC on Wednesday—aka, the second day of spring. I don’t mind a weather-induced work-from-home day, but it would have been nice if that day came, oh you know, in winter. Here’s to hoping some sunny spring days find us soon, though I am not optimistic about a warm Easter Sunday next weekend.
Despite the weather, this week was a good one. I spent the better part of last week battling a nasty head cold, so it was nice to feel like myself again. I was able to get back into my workout routine, I caught up on all my favorite Podcasts, and made a good dent in my to-do list at work.
Luckily for me, I am escaping the frigid temps and heading south to New Orleans, Louisiana for five days with my sister, my best friend, Hilary, and her sister, Erica. We went to a winery over Thanksgiving break and decided we need to take a girls’ trip together. I’m excited it came to fruition and that it’s finally here! I’m excited to get back to the Big Easy and enjoy some delicious cajun food, learn more about NOLA’s history, and, of course, take a “boos and booze” ghost tour. Be sure to follow along over on Instagram Stories for a live look at our trip and I’ll be sure to recap the highlights here soon.
I have a couple of posts lined up for next week so you have something to read while I’m on the to-go cup. I hope you have a great weekend! x
- A great read on the new logo and packaging for Diet Coke.
- I want to try this Trader Joe’s breakfast hack ASAP.
- The truth about queso (and how Chipotle got it wrong).
- Young Russians are Vladmir Putin’s biggest fans.
- How a former Investment Banker (and UVA alum!) created a breakout hair care line.
- The Crown’s Clare Foy was paid less than Matt Smith.
- Elin Nordegren’s $49.5 million home is on the market.
- I loved Jessica’s thoughts on “what’s new”—I so relate!
- Carly shares some great organization tips in this post.
- I wish I could buy Dallas Wardrobe’s beautiful home!
- Some great advice on how to spring clean your blog.
- Pour a Capri Sun out for Geoffrey: Toys R Us is closing.
- Anthropologie at Nordstrom is here, and it’s beautiful!
- A captivating TED talk: Why I Left an Evangelical Cult.
- Is your spin class too young, too thin, and too white?
And here’s what’s been new lately on A Touch of Teal: