Happy, happy Friday! Whew—I’m so glad we made it to another weekend. I try really hard not to wish my life away during the week, but these past two weeks I’ve been really uninspired at work and have had a hard time focusing. I’m hoping to reset my mindset this weekend!
This weekend should be so fun as I’m heading to New York City for a weekend with some of my best gals. I haven’t been to NY, NY since Cinco de Mayo when I was in town for Create & Cultivate. Because I was there for the conference, I didn’t get to bop around town and just enjoy the city without an agenda like I normally do, so I’m excited to get back to one of my favorite places.
I actually am flying into La Guardia instead of taking the train, which is what I normally do. I had some airline miles that were expiring at the end of March and was already trying to find a good time to visit my friends, so it worked out perfectly. I think I’ve mentioned it on the blog before, but I’ve developed really bad flight anxiety over the last 18 months. This is my first flight of the year and I’m interested to see if it’s gotten better or worse since I last hit 30,000 feet back in October. Fingers crossed all goes well!
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope it’s a good one! x
- This Twitter thread of DC neighborhoods as a vine cracks me up.
- Orangetheory cut its cost per lead in half by using Artificial Intelligence.
- Amazon employees are very interested in a particular article about Arlington, VA.
- If American Girl Dolls had Hinge profiles.
- P&G contends too much digital ad spending is a waste.
- The most expensive on the market in DC is Kevin Plank’s.
- Powerful photos of a young girl standing in front of Michelle Obama’s portrait.
- I loved my friend Laura Leigh’s guide to Charlottesville.
- 13-year old Kate Middleton told she’ll marry a man named William in a school play.
- Meet Phony Bennett, UVA basketball’s biggest anonymous Twitter fan.
- Jenna and Barbara Bush still have favorite places in Washington, DC.
- A great read on the Century21 rebrand.
- Metro’s new merchandise shop opened at Metro Center on Wednesday.
- I love how Kelly & Mitch’s new kitchen turned out.
- Tony Bennett and Virginia hoops aren’t for everyone, but ‘it’s okay to be different.’
- Bones discovered on a Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, study claims.
- Lusting after these shoes Kate has traveled the world in.
- I relate to this video on a spiritual level.
And here’s what’s new on A Touch of Teal: