Y’all, this weekend has been circled on my calendar for the past month—my sister and I are heading to The Greenbrier for a winter weekend escape. When I told my Dad we were going, he went to his office and found this 1994 article about “America’s Resort” he had saved from the Richmond Times-Dispatch. I think that really goes to show what a timeless institution The Greenbrier is—and I’m so excited to enjoy the resort firsthand this weekend.
I’m leaving work several hours early so that we can arrive in time for a late dinner at Prime 44 West. Tomorrow, we’re going on the famed Bunker Tour, enjoying the spa, taking a carriage ride, and exploring the resort as much as we can. Be sure to follow along over on Instagram for some behind-the-scenes on Instagram Stories! I can’t wait to give you all a recap of our trip here on the blog once we’re back.
I’m so looking forward to a relaxing weekend out of town, and hope you have a great one, too! x
- I loved reading part one of Victoria’s origin story.
- Why cities dominate the modern world.
- Cathy’s take on why she stopped using LIKEtoKNOWit—a great read for bloggers!
- Laura Bush visits Jenna and Kathie Lee.
- 4 ways Taco Bell’s CEO could improve Chipotle.
- Money Diaries, where millennial woman go to judge one another’s spending habits.
- The insanity of ski jumping: where did this insane sport come from?
- Carly shared some great blogging tips in this post.
And here’s what’s been new lately on A Touch of Teal: