Happy, happy Friday!
I am so glad the weekend is here! It actually came rather quickly since I had a busy week at work, but now, I am so ready for a little break. All week after work I’ve been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and if you’re in need of a new show, I can’t recommend it enough. It’s only eight episodes so far, so it’d be an easy weekend binge. It follows the story of Midge, who is an Upper West Side House Wife living in the 1950s who thinks she has it all. Then one day, she finds out her husband is cheating on her with his secretary. They subsequently separate, and she finds herself a new life as a comedienne and independent woman. It’s a really cute show—done by the creators of Gilmore Girls—and I hope they put more episodes out.
Before we head out for the weekend, I want to ask you to keep my dear friend, Jenn, and her family in your prayers this weekend as her dad is laid to rest. Jenn has become one of my best friends in DC, and while I was never lucky enough to meet her dad, I know he was an amazing man because Jenn is such a light in my life. x
My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so,
would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back
and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
PS—the picture above is from my trip to Punta Cana last year. Remind me to book a winter escape again next year!
If you click on one of these links this week, I hope it’s Aly Raisman’s victim impact statement in the Larry Nassar sentencing. I watched her speech for the first time last Friday, and was so impacted by her strength and bravery—as I was by all the survivors who came forward.
- Landlords are expunging the word mall in favor of town center and shoppes.
- How the British Royal Family hid crown jewels from the Nazis.
- Queen Elizabeth talks about her 3 pound (!) crown.
- Ellen’s touching tribute to her father, who died earlier this month.
- Oprah nailed every public speaking lesson in her Golden Globes speech.
- An amazing behind-the-scenes of The Greatest Showman.
- Who else is excited for the return of Trading Spaces on April 7?!
- Princess Charlotte bosses around Prince George says Queen Elizabeth.
- Hilary Duff’s home is goals.
- 35 Shark Tank secrets that you may not know.
- How to prepare for a nuclear attack.
- My friend Laura Leigh’s living room is stunning.
- Krista’s five tips for saving more money are worth a read.
- Amazon chooses 20 finalists for its second headquarters.
- Meghan Markle has a new palace aid—here’s what you need to know about her.
- A great read on Neopets and how it impacted early 2000s girl culture.
- A costume designer repairs a butterfly’s broken wing.
- Why Jackie Kennedy chose money and power over love.
- Meryl Streep is joining the cast of Big Little Lies for season two.
And here’s what’s been new around A Touch of Teal: