Happy, happy Friday!
Since this is the last weekend before Christmas Eve, my calendar is packed—and I assume yours is, too! Tonight, I’m hitting up spin class and then one of the gals I met at class is having a little holiday happy hour for our spin friends at her house. It’ll be nice to get to know everyone “off the bike” a little bit more.
Then, on Saturday, one of my BFFs is having her annual holiday open house, which always turns out to be one of my favorite events of the season. She has the best food (+ wine, of course!) and Christmas music playing, and I always leave in such a festive mood. On Sunday, my college besties and I are heading to the Newseum to check out the Creating Camelot exhibit. We’ve really been making an effort to take in all the culture DC has to offer this year, and I’m excited this is how we’re closing out the year—I am a big fan of the Kennedys!
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you have a fun and festive time! x
- A must-watch: Joe Biden speaks with Meghan McCain about his late son, Beau.
- Wine glasses are seven times the size they used to be.
- I loved this video of Carly and her mom making cake pops together.
- Nervous toddle meeting Santa uses sign language to signal for help.
- Prince Phillip pays homage to his mother and Danish ancestry in new painting.
- These photos made me cry: otherworldly scenes unfold as the Thomas fire burns.
- Out-migration from Virginia continues for a fourth consecutive year.
- Adding Giraffe Manor to my bucket list after seeing Mackenzie’s honeymoon photos.
- Seven things to know about Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend’s love affair.
- Top 10 funniest Family Feud moments of 2017.
- A Navy Admiral shares his family’s experience with opioid addiction.
- The Las Vegas shooting: six teens and the wounds they carry.
- Katie Couric: what I’ve learned over the 19 Christmases since my husband died.
- National Park Service approves more than $200 million for Memorial Bridge repairs.
- Matthew McConaughey almost played Jack in Titanic.
- A must-read: Sarah Haines on getting married at 37 and having her second baby at 40.
- The 50 best places to travel in 2018.
And here’s what’s been going on lately around TOT:
- My top 10 moments of 2017.
- My go-to LBD for holiday parties.
- An easy (and cheap!) idea for gift wrapping.
- What’s on my nightstand.
- My experience with temporary wallpaper.
And here are all my gift guides so you can get that holiday shopping done!