Happy Friday! Is it just me, or does the week after a break seem extra long?
I’m especially excited for this weekend because we’re heading to vineyards tomorrow to celebrate my best friend Molly’s birthday! One of my favorite things about living in Virginia is the awesome wine growing region we have right here in our backyard, and our friend group has celebrated some of our best times in the vines. I’d love to build out my winery content next year, but if you’re looking for some recommendations on my favorite Virginia wineries, check this page out.
I’m also looking forward to this weekend because it’s the first one in the holiday season! Tomorrow night, I’m going to a ugly sweater party Monica and her boyfriend are hosting and could not be more excited to break out my festive vest. Tonight though, I’m parking it on my couch and binge watching all my favorite Christmas movies and I’m so excited. While I usually cave and listen to Christmas music around November 1, I hold out until Thanksgiving to watch any Christmas movies. As such, I thought it’d be fun to share my favorites today in case you too have a holiday movie marathon on deck for tonight, too!
- The Family Stone—not just my favorite Christmas movie, but my favorite movie of all time. A wonderful ensemble cast with a great storyline about familial love.
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas—a movie about a road trip and Christmas with JTT and Mary Camden thrown in? I’ve obviously been a fan of this movie since 1998.
- It’s A Wonderful Life—two quotes: “Merry Christmas, you wonderful old building and loan!” and “To my big brother George, the richest man in town!” Need I say more?
- Home Alone—if needed, I think I could recite this movie by heart. A wonderful story, a gorgeous house, and amazing soundtrack.
- The Santa Clause—a favorite since childhood, I love how this movie reminds us the Christmas magic is always there for those who believe.
- Christmas with the Kranks—Tim Allen plays the opposite role in this movie, but I love it nonetheless. My family always laughs at the “Blair & N-Reeky” sign in the airport scene.
- Love Actually—is there anything better than that All I Want For Christmas Is You scene? (Sidenote—does anyone know if octopi costumes are a thing in Christmas pageants now?)
- 12 Dates of Christmas—anyone else remember this cheesy Christmas movie with Zack Morris? It came out the year I lived in my sorority house and I made Molly watch it with me…multiple times, and now we watch it every year together for both the nostalgia and cheese factor. It’s on Netflix and a great mindless movie—think Groundhog Day meets Christmas.
I’d love to know your favorite holiday movies in the comments below! I’ve never seen White Christmas and think this needs to be the holiday season I finally sit down and watch it, but I’d love to know if there are any other great ones I am missing.
- Kim Jong Un’s North Korea: life inside the totalitarian state.
- Cheesecake Factory interiors are weird and wonderful thanks to this designer.
- The infamous jerk boyfriend meme has a hilarious backstory.
- Reese Witherspoon’s daughter Ava made her debut in Paris.
- All the details you need to know on Meghan Markle’s engagement ring.
- Five differences between the two royal engagements.
- The last time a British royal married an American it didn’t go so well.
- A royal photographer talks about Prince Harry and Meghan’s engagement photos.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce their wedding date and venue.
- Is this the mystery match maker who set up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?
- Meghan Markle was quizzed on British facts and hilariously failed.
- The 10 best Christmas commercials of all time.
- Leslie Odom’s [NSFW] performance at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show is a must-watch.
- Prince George’s letter to Santa Claus is so cute!
And here’s what’s new lately on A Touch of Teal:
- A guilt-free cucumber mint gimlet.
- The dress you need for winter weddings.
- A Christmas playlist for your enjoyment.
- The best pants for holiday festivities.
- A look at what I (actually) wear to work.
- Six (of the many) things I’m thankful for.
And here are all my gift guides so you can get that holiday shopping done!
I hope you all have a great weekend! x