Happy Friday, friends! This week was long and I am very excited to be heading down to Charlottesville later today to spend the weekend with my college besties!
Before we dive in to the good stuff today, I wanted to share a little bit about a really fun event I went to on Wednesday night with Monica at DC’s newest mega-development, The Wharf. I was lucky enough to tour the project while it was under construction, but visiting it for the Priceless Table Event in celebration of Capital One’s new Savor MasterCard was my first time down there since it opened several weeks ago.
Y’all—the event was amazing, and arguably, the best event I’ve ever been to. It is not lost on me how lucky I was to be invited, and I definitely had a couple of “pinch me” moments Wednesday night. The evening was part of MasterCard’s Priceless Table series, which pops up across the country to pair an awesome location with a celebrity chef to create a priceless memory. And, as I mentioned, DC’s event was the launch party for Capital One’s new Savor card, which gives users 3% cashback on dining, 2% on groceries, and 1% back on everything else—all with no annual fees!
The event was held at the Dockmaster Building, which is an awesome new event space at The Wharf. For those of you unfamiliar, it’s on a pier that jets out into the Washington Channel and offers a great view of the Washington Monument at night! Before we sat down for an amazing four-course dinner prepared by celebrity chef Bryan Voltaggio, there was a cocktail hour under a twinkle-light-lit tent with delicious passed appetizers. We then moved upstairs to the Dockmaster Building where we were seated for our four-course dinner. Similar to a chef’s table, there was a wine pairing with each course and Bryan came out to explain each of his creations so we had a better appreciation for what we were able to enjoy. We started with a beet and goat cheese salad, moved onto fluke with roasted cauliflower and sprouted grains (my favorite course!), enjoyed beef short rib with caramelized onions, and finished with aerated malt chocolate, caramelized white chocolate ganache, and passion fruit. Everything was amazing from start to finish and the details were impeccable—including the beautiful tablescape and music from a string quartet.
This was definitely a priceless moment for me and Monica, and we loved savoring the moment with Capital One and MasterCard. I’ve included a couple more photos from the event below for your enjoyment—as I joked all night, this event is probably nicer than my wedding will be!
I hope you all have a great weekend! Here’s what I’ve been reading around the internet lately:
- Cosmic rays reveal a mysterious void in Egypt’s great Pyramid.
- Carly has some great advice for when you’re going through a breakup.
- I love Mackenzie’s blue and white watercolor wedding invitations!
- A week in Washington, DC on a $75,000 salary.
- Why so many of your favorite beauty personalities are Mormon.
- A cut above the rest: how Finland’s orange-handled scissors inspired a design revolution.
- The New York Times wants to hire a journalist to travel the world.
- 73 questions with Chrissy Teigen.
- Twitter gives movies millennial-friendly titles and they’re hilarious.
- Jenna and Barbara reveal the Bush family’s favorite GIFs.
- Another great read on Jenna and Barbara: The Bush twins want to set the record straight.
- Why American workers now dress so casually.
- The five biggest Kennedy conspiracy theories.
- An interesting read on how flight attendants train to spot human trafficking.
- There’s a reason you’ll never see Kate Middleton wearing red nail polish.
- Why Joe Biden’s Thanksgivings will never be the same.
- Meet the woman who wants to change the way you buy your iPhone.
- What choosing a window seat says about you. (I always try to sit on an aisle!)
- A hilariously accurate email: Tips for Emily’s Low-Key Destination Bachelorette.
- How I get it done: Katie Couric.
- Rent the Runway introduces new monthly subscription for clothes.
Really loved our Wednesday night–a true pinch me moment! And the excitement that Queen Elizabeth and I share the same favorite shade of nail polish TRULY never wears.
YAY! Such a fun time with you, my favorite Ballet Slippers wearing gal!