Happy Friday from San Francisco!
Yes, I was just there a few weeks ago—that trip was primarily for vocation, this trip is for vacation with one of my best friends who lives in New York. We’ve explored Nashville and New Orleans together in the past, and we’re here in the City by the Bay until Monday. Let us know if you have any recs—I’ll be sure to share a travel guide when I am back.
This week was brutal—I had a “beginning of fall” cold on Monday, which was only compounded by a down-and-back recruiting trip to Durham, North Carolina on Tuesday. I woke up at 4am after only sleeping four hours, woof! Needless to say, I slept from 9:30pm Tuesday to 8:30am Wednesday—but still didn’t feel 100%. I’m writing this the night before I leave for San Francisco, so hopefully by the time you’re reading this, I’m back to being healthy. I’d like to be able to indulge in some California wine, you know?
I wanted to end with some
really exciting news:
I am redesigning my blog!
This is something I have been wanting to do for about a year now, and I am really glad I waited for the right opportunity and designer to come along. I’ll be sharing more after I launch—currently targeting the last weekend in October—but I wanted to give y’all a heads up since I likely will not be posting next week as I prepare for the change. There’s also a chance that a “coming soon” landing page will take the place of my blog for a bit—this is so I can test everything out on the backend and make sure all my ducks are in a row before going live. I’ll keep the live site up for as long as possible!
If anything changes with the timeline, I’ll be sure to let you know. Have a great weekend! x
- A new look inside the cities of North Korea.
- As millennials demand more meaning, older brands are not aging well.
- AIM will shut down after 20 years—the way I learned to type fast!
- Barack Obama has a one-question test that proves how good the world is today.
- Is Maryellen Bunn the millennial Walt Disney?
- Carrie Underwood’s carpool karaoke is gold.
- Speaking of carpool karaoke, I loved Miley Cyrus’ too!
- A great read on Prince Edward ahead of The Crown season 2.
- Coach no more, New York company wants to be called Tapestry.
- A couple survives the deadly California wildfires by seeking shelter in neighbor’s pool.
- 1491: before the Western Hemisphere became the New World.
- The JFK document dump could be a fiasco.
- How Americans lost the stars, and how we might be able to get them back.
- Russian trolls were schooled on House of Cards.
And here’s what’s new on TOT: