Happy, happy Friday!
Apologies for the radio silence around here this week. To be honest, I haven’t felt like blogging in light of the weekend’s events in Las Vegas. I’m still processing the tragedy—I’m sure you are, too. I think what is most scary to me is that these types of mass shootings and acts of terror happen at places I frequent—whether it be a country music concert, mass transportation, popular restaurants and bars—and it’s simply pure luck I haven’t found myself in the crossfire. So that we don’t have to rely on luck, I’ve taken time to write and call my representatives letting them know I support stricter gun control measures. I try not to get political here on the blog, but unless we speak up and take action, the carnage won’t end. That being said, I also believe in the power of prayer, and I’m sending mine to all those who need a little light in the darkness. x
Last Saturday, I flew to San Francisco ahead of a last-minute work trip. I was lucky enough to explore the “City by the Bay” Saturday afternoon and Sunday ahead of a recruiting event at Stanford in Palo Alto on Monday. Prior to this trip, I’d only been to California once—Los Angeles in 2008—so I was excited to get back out to California. I loved my time in SF, and am excited to head back in a few weeks for a four-day trip with one of my best friends from college.
I’ll be sure to share more about my trip in one mega San Francisco recap post, but a highlight of this last trip was definitely hiking the Lands End Trail with two friends from college. We walked 1.5 miles of the trail and enjoyed the scenic views of the water and the Golden Gate Bridge—but the Labyrinth, which is what I’m sitting in the middle of in the photo above, was the highlight. It was just so peaceful, and I can’t recommend the hike out to the cliff it sits on enough if you find yourself out in SF. The hike itself is pretty easy—there were only a few hills and steps, and I did it in Converse, not hiking boots.
This weekend, I’m enjoying a relaxing movie night with Monica—I am excited to show her my new place!—and heading to the Mount Vernon Wine Festival. Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you do something just for yourself! x
- How the Queen is “training” Prince William for the throne.
- Hello, nostalgia: what a Toys ‘R’ Us catalog looked like in 1996.
- The five most WTF room makeovers Hildi Santo-Tomas did on Trading Spaces.
- Prince Harry visited Meghan Markle on the set of Suits.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry spotted walking hand in hand at the Invictus Games.
- Long live the toddler that stole Prince Harry’s popcorn.
- Obama said leaving Malia at college was “like open heart surgery.”
- This couple got married at Costco.
- The life of a hotel reviewer: hang out in lobbies and bars, sleep in king-size beds.
- How delicious does this chicken enchilada casserole look?
- Conde Nast lost a giant last week—SI Newhouse dies at 89.
- Being organized is a gift I give myself and other people.
And here’s what’s been new on TOT lately:
A relaxing movie night in sounds perfect! Life has been so busy lately. I need to check out that throwback Toys R Us catalog. I miss the 90s!
I hope life slows down for you soon, too! xoxo