Happy, happy Friday!
Apologies for the radio silence over here—it was a crazy week at work, which created very little time to blog. I’m excited to sit down and queue up some great posts for y’all over the weekend!
The highlight of my week was hitting up District Winery with Monica, Kristyn, and Laura. Located in the Navy Yard, it’s the only winery in DC. They purchased grapes from elsewhere, but have their own label and make their own blend. We stayed for a tasting—the seasonal is $10, the winemakers choice is $12, and you can pick your own for $15. I did the latter so I could enjoy all whites and their rosé—I really liked their sauvignon blanc. We opted to pass on eating food there since it was a bit on the pricier side, and enjoyed some delicious pasta at Osteria Morini right next door.
This weekend I’m seeing Sam Hunt in concert, which I am so excited about! I last saw him two years ago in Nashville when he opened for Lady Antebellum, and his set wasn’t nearly long enough. Other than that, I’m keeping it mostly low-key since I’ll be in Boston on Monday for work and then Richmond next weekend for a fun girls trip with Monica at The Jefferson Hotel. We’re excited to explore Virginia’s capital city, and you know I’ll share a recap here.
Whatever you’re up to, have a good one! x
- This teen wouldn’t stop talking in his physics class so his dad surprised him.
- Vanity Fair’s cover story: Meghan Markle, wild about Harry!
- Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush have an idea to end divisiveness in politics.
- I died laughing at this roundup of these terrible answers on Family Feud.
- Mackenzie’s Nantucket wedding was stunning.
- Arlington County is pursuing Amazon’s new headquarters. (Fingers crossed!)
- Tim Duncan: don’t forget about the islands.
- Three rules Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz wish he knew at age 21.
- How ordinary North Koreans are escaping the clutches of Kim Jong Un.
- A beautiful full-page ad in the Houston Chronicle from the city of New Orleans.
- Anyone else read the Dear America book series? You’ll love this Atlantic article.
- Chip and Joanna are bringing a line to Target!
- Police department warns women to not call 911 after photo of officers goes viral.
- Trading Spaces is brining back all the original designers you loved.
- My friend Jenn shared her apartment tour—and it’s amazing!
- Longtime Glamour editor Cindi Leive is stepping down at the end of the year.
- On a related note, Vanity Fair EIC is also stepping down at the end of the year.
- Gird your loins: Instagram grid changes may be coming.
And here’s what’s been new lately on TOT: