HOW is it September?!
What a wonderful summer this has been—to be honest, I’m not ready for it to be over. I kicked things off in Miami over Memorial Day Weekend and I’m heading to Boston this weekend for the wedding of one of my former coworkers and work besties. It seems like I’ve been looking forward to this wedding for so long—it’s hard to believe it’s here!
(Sidenote—does anyone else associate this song with Labor Day Weekend? What a classic.)
Luckily, my flight back is on Sunday evening, so I’ll have all Monday to relax and refresh for the week ahead. I’ve been in the process of getting my apartment all set up, but still have a ways to go since my paychecks need to catch up with my ideas ;]. I’ve been sharing some behind-the-scenes looks over on my Instagram Stories, so be sure to follow me there if you’re not already. I also signed up for Hello Fresh again in the hopes that I learn to love cooking more. We’ll see how that goes.
Lastly, for my DC gals, I was invited to The Atlantic‘s Washington Ideas conference and wanted to help them spread the word. I’ll be unable to attend because of my day job, but thought they had some amazing speakers lined up—Chef José Andrés, Director of the National Museum of African American History and Culture Lonnie Bunch, SoulCycle CEO Melanie Whelan, Milkbar Founder and CEO Christina Tosi—so I wanted to share in case you’re interested. Use the code READER for a discount at registration.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you have a good one! x
- Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, and Prince William honor Diana at a new garden.
- In crises such as Harvey, you want outdoorsmen on your side.
- Lo Bosworth talks about who from Laguna Beach she’s still friends with in this video.
- A Houston pastor refuses to turn back before checking every submerged car.
- HomeGood’s new sister store is here and it looks so good.
- A mattress chain owner offers up his stores as shelter for Harvey refugees.
- The first trailer from season two of This Is Us is here, and it looks so good!
- This woman’s pipe dream came true—she won the second-largest Powerball.
- Mackenzie’s Nantucket living room redesign turned out beautifully.
- Proof from Hurricane Harvey that Chick Fil A service is unparalleled.
- The crown prince of Denmark suffered every 18-year-olds worst nightmare.
- The Obamas moved Malia into her dorm during the height of the solar eclipse.
- Elizabeth Olsen talks about her notoriously tight-lipped sisters.
- Chrissy Teigen explains why she is trying to cut back on alcohol.
And here’s what’s been new around A Touch of Teal:
My mind is blown that it’s already mid-Sept. too!! And that new Home Goods sister store?! I’m in trouble, haha.
It’s crazy! And haha, right?! Freeze my credit cards.