Happy Friday, everyone!
How was your week? I spent the majority of last weekend down and out for the count with a stomach bug. It really reminded me that our health is truly everything and how I need to do a better job of taking care of myself by not burning the candle at both ends. Because I basically slept all of Saturday and Sunday, I didn’t get as far along on blog content as I had wanted. So, needless to say, I’m excited for a relatively low key weekend at home to write posts for next week! I’m also going to a fun blogger brunch at Quinn’s On the Corner in Rosslyn, so I am excited to eat my favorite meal with some of my favorite ladies.
On a related note, I’ve been doing a lot of work on the backend of A Touch of Teal that you won’t necessarily see—but it feels good to organize the “back of the house” to make it look as good as the front. I’ve been restructuring my categories + tags on WordPress, which helps me better organize my main navigation bar, populate related posts, and, honestly, determine what kind of content I want to create moving forward. I removed so many categories or tags that only had one or two posts in them—and it helped me realize, “oh yeah, I really don’t think writing about that is my thing.” I’ve also added a form to my Contact page and am working on my SEO on Google searches like “Washington, DC lifestyle blogger” so that readers and brands can find me more easily. I also switched hosting services, so hopefully my site will load faster and won’t go down as often. This weekend, I am hoping to update my About page since it’s now about two years old. So—even if you don’t see a new post, it doesn’t mean I’m not working on improving my space on the internet.
I’d love to know what you’re up to this weekend—and I hope you have a great one. See you next week!
- The Concorde failed to change how we fly, but it still could. (Anyone else always think of that line in The Parent Trap when the Concorde is brought up?)
- Completely agree: always go to the funeral.
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- Nasty Gal: what went wrong?
- Kate Middleton and Prince William have elegant plan for protecting the kids.
- Why are parents so upset about American Girl Dolls’ new underwear? (Team Kirsten forever, y’all.)
- Here’s what actually happened to celeb-beloved label Issa after Kate Middleton wore it.
- 27-year-old becomes the first woman to visit every country in the world.
- The most infuriating and difficult geography quiz you’ll ever take.
- I loved seeing this mini 7th Heaven reunion.
And two posts for you from A Touch of Teal since we last talked: my favorite ice breaker questions and a recap of my trip to Punta Cana.
I have been SO curious about Issa! Definitely bought one of their dresses when they collabed with Banana 🙂 Can’t wait to see you Sunday!!
YAY! So glad we got to hang out this weekend :]
Ugh stomach bugs are THE WORST. I hope you’re feeling better! Great job cleaning up some of the backend things on your site. That’s something I really need to work on too!