Yesterday I walked around most of the day thinking it was Friday, if that gives you any indication of how my week went. Despite all the craziness, I had a great dinner with coworkers as part of our company dinner club at RPM on Wednesday, which was nice mid-week treat. Speaking of coworkers—18 of us are going skiing/snow tubing this weekend up at Wisp in Maryland, and I’m so excited! We rented a chalet that sleeps 26 and are caravanning up there after work today.
Because I’m retreating this weekend, things on the blog might be a bit slow next week. Lately, I’ve been in a good rhythm of writing and shooting for posts on the weekend so I don’t have to play as much catch up during the week. I’m hoping to hop back into that routine come the first weekend of February. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see! x
This week, I’ve been reading so. many. helpful. articles. about blogging, so I wanted to share several of them with you today! If you’re not a blogger, don’t worry—the normal round up of links is below!
- Grace of The Stripe wrote one of the most comprehensive posts about blogging ever. I learned so much and have a long list of blog housekeeping to dos!
- 5 blog and social media backdrops you can create yourself. I can’t wait to make a few of these myself!
- A great overview of the anatomy of an Instagram post.
- If you’re working on your Instagram flow, you’ll love this post on how to curate your Instagram using color themes.
- I have no plans to blog full-time, but if you do—this post on how to know if and when to leave your corporate job would be super helpful.
- Has anyone taken this Cool Photo School Product Photography E-Course? I’m thinking about giving it a go, but would love to hear feedback if anyone has any!
READS I’M LOVING
- Laurie Hernandez talks DWTS and dating with Ellen and is as cute as always.
- The five craziest hours in the White House: details on how the WH staff switches the home from one First Family to the next.
- Someone gifted Prince William and Kate two USB sticks. (Say what?!)
- Love this: Obama gave Malia a Kindle and filled it with books.
- Insight into the family that actually lives in The Bachelor mansion.
- How South by Southwest transformed Austin.
- Kerry Washington on how Usher convinced her to stay longer at Barack’s White House Farewell Party.
- Rare photos show the Bush Twins touring the Obama girls around the White House.
- The 14 most popular Trader Joe’s products of 2016.
- Trivia you didn’t know about This Is Us.
- Barack and Michelle go see their old swing set and the little girl who yells “IT’S BARACK OBAMA” kills me every time.
- This weatherman has the most savage response to his teen daughter’s text.
- Friends fans out there: you’ll love this video.
Thanks so much for linking to my post! xx
Of course! Thanks so much for writing it!
Great links! Have a nice weekend 🙂
Thanks so much! xo
Hooray for the weekend! Can’t wait to check out these links – so many good ones!
Thanks so much R! Enjoy x