Sorry I have been MIA. I have been really struggling lately with the whole blogging thing. Last weekend, I went back to Charlottesville for my alma mater’s homecoming weekend. Being back at UVA with some of my best college friends, sipping on our Dirty Shirleys at the Biltmore was literally bliss. Friday night out, lead to Saturday at Veritas, which lead to dinner at our favorite tapas place in Cville, which lead to a repeat of Friday night. It was one of those weekends that made you nostalgic for the past and excited for the future all at the same time. It has hard for me to believe four years ago, I was a fourth year in college. Where did the time go?! We listened to our fourth year playlist all weekend, and it is really true what
Kenny Chesney they say s about how music can bring you back to a different place and time.
When I returned to Arlington on Sunday, I was already drowning in work before the week began and I have a huge deadline at Georgetown this Monday. Since I normally blog on weekends, and then have spent my evenings this week doing homework, there really wasn’t much time to do anything else this week. Though, I did make time for my company bocce league, which was definitely a highlight, Applebee’s pregame and all.
Tonight I am staying in to finish up my homework (#rage) and tomorrow morning I am heading to Charlottesville to visit my sister, go wine tasting again, and see Carrie Underwood in concert. I am so excited for another great weekend in Jefferson’s country! I hope you have a good one! xo
- Jackie Kennedy’s childhood summer home could be yours. #goals
- Speaking of JBKO, see inside her stunning Georgetown home.
- The DC Christmas bar is coming back this year!
- All of Michelle Obama’s State Dinner dresses through the years.
- Wikileaks tells us what we already know: Metro is a mess.
- It’s confirmed: the best bagels in the world are in Charlottesville.
- I love Cananda: thanks for telling us Americans how great we are.
- Four maps that explain the chaos of the Middle East.
- Praise: high heels are not mandatory in the White House.
- Kate Middleton’s secret style weapon gives Prince William a makeover.
- Did you follow the Elizabeth Smart case like I did? I loved this piece I discovered in The New Yorker archives. Talk about class and courage.
- 12 DC restaurants earn Michelin stars.
- The difficult women of Emily Giffin. (My favorite author!)
- The ultimate efficiency hack: have kids.
- Kate Middleton stuns fellow passengers by flying commercial.
- President Obama protects wedding ring before shaking hands with the public.
- 30 illegal photos of North Korea Kim Jong-un doesn’t want you to see.
- Laurie Hernandez on Ellen is the cutest thing I’ve seen all week.
And here’s what you’ve missed on A Touch of Teal: