You guys! It’s been nearly a month since I did a link love round up! Today’s gonna be good.
First things first, I want to talk fall television. When Kristyn was tweeting up a storm about This Is Us on NBC on Tuesday, I knew it was worth checking out. I watched in on-demand on Wednesday, and y’all, if you haven’t yet seen it, drop everything and watch—especially if you’re a Crazy Stupid Love fan. There’s a twist at the end of the first episode that still blows my mind two days later. But talk to me—what else should I be watching?
Secondly, y’all know my favorite podcast of all time is Lady Lovin’, but since I’ve listened to every episode now, I needed to find something else to listen to while I’m getting ready in the morning. Enter: The Babysitters Club Club. Yes, that’s right. There is a Podcast about the gals in Stoneybrook, Connecticut who made us all want to start entrepreneurial ventures in the neighborhood back in the day. The best part? It’s done by two guys. They are hilarious! Each week, they discuss a different book and are working their way through the series chronologically. Personally, I’m holding out for episodes on the Super Specials, such as the ever-classic BSC in the USA.
Third, I cannot stress how much I love the Forever Country music video. If you haven’t watched it yet, consider this a Friday gift from me to you.
Lastly, what are y’all up to this weekend? I am going to my favorite vineyard with my dear friend Lauren and working on new blog content for y’all! Despite the setbacks earlier this week, I’m feeling really inspired and invigorated, and excited for grad school to be wrapping up so I can throw myself back into this passion project more. I also have to do some homework, but my bocce league starts up next week, so it’ll be nice to have a standing social event on the calendar as all the summer networking events and excuses to dine al fresco on a random weekday night die down. Whatever you’re up to this fine weekend, I hope it’s a great one! x
- How soon can I move into Sophia Bush’s guest house? It was designed by One Kings Lane and is gorgeous.
- Important PSA: why you should never take a picture of your boarding pass.
- And, related: the secret airplane bedrooms where flight attendants sleep on long-haul flights.
- 73 questions with Simone Biles.
- Vanity Fair’s take on how the Beckham children are developing their personal brands.
- An idea we can all get behind: why it’s time to kill the 9-to-5.
- 4 unofficial rules native English speakers don’t realize they don’t know.
- Courteney Cox gets real about cosmetic procedure regrets.
- How much money you need to buy a home in 27 major cities. Hint: I don’t make enough!
- Where would the case of Friday Night Lights be today? The cast weighs in. (And reunites!)
- What makes a McMansion have bad architecture? This blog breaks it down for us. *cringes*
- Can’t wait to try this breaded chicken cutlet with deconstructed guacamole from Skinnytaste.
- A stunning video of DC for my fellow Washingtonians.
- Any fellow sweetgreen fans out there? They recently got rid of the reusable containers due food safety concerns.
- 11 habits of ridiculously likable people.
- An Orlando shooting survivor shares his powerful story on Ellen.
- American Girl Dolls ranked by betchiness.
And here’s what’s been going on here at TOT:
- A fun leopard skirt I’m loving for transitional workwear.
- What’s on my nightstand lately.
- 10 unique engagement gift ideas.
- A recap of life lately.
- 3 easy tailgate appetizer ideas.
- My New Orleans Travel Guide.
- My run-in with a chocolate piñata. Yes, that’s right. A chocolate piñata.
- Some sneak peeks into my new apartment.