What’s new with you all? I feel like it has been forever since we talked. It was way back before Instagram Stories were even a thing. What are your thoughts on that update so far? I like the concept, but wish we could just stick to one platform. It was really hard when I was in Charleston to update both my Snapchat Story (@katie.urban) and my Instagram Story (@katie.urban_). Hopefully everyone will gravitate to one overtime. I mean, none of us are still on Myspace, ya know?
I am so excited to share my trip to Charleston with you all! The Blog Societies Conference was even better than last year, and I left with a lot of good ideas I am going to implement in the next few months. So far, I have shared my complete guide to Charleston, which essentially is a recap of our trip even though it isn’t written in diary form—i.e. day one we did this, day two we did this. But, I know people love that kind of presentation of information, too, so I’ll work it into the recap of the conference and the outfit posts I do from the trip. On our first day there, I wore this casual navy dress and shared what Ashlee, Monica, Vici, Tara, and I did the first full day we had in Charleston. Next up, I’ll be sharing what I wore to the Welcome Party, then the Conference on Friday, and lastly, the white dress I wore to the last day of the Conference and to play tourist on Saturday. If you have any questions about the conference or my trip, I’m always happy to answer them, so leave me a comment or tweet me!
What are y’all up to this weekend? I wrapped up my final for my Visual Communications class and have a few much-needed weeks off from class, so I’m heading to the beach for a long weekend with my family. While I’ve been traveling a lot this summer, it’ll be nice just to sit in the sand with a beer in my hand. I am also excited to start the new Liane Moriarty book! Hope you have a great one! x
- Anyone else think Lynn and Rick Raisman are the real MVPs of this Olympics?
- Loved this inside look at Princess Eugenie’s remarkably ordinary life.
- It took me weeks to figure this one out: how to get black and white pencil colors on Snapchat.
- Perhaps the coolest Kickstarter ever: turn fruit into personalized craft cider with Alcehma.
- Kim Kardashian’s unseen Hills cameo revealed. Anyone else watch the reunion and still love LC?!
- The love language for each Myers-Briggs personality type. (I’m an ENTJ!)
- Loved this shot of Katie Ledecky meeting Michael Phelps when she was nine.
- 7 huge mistakes 20-somethings make and how to avoid them.
A TOUCH OF TEAL LATELY //