It’s Friday! And it’s a long weekend!
To my fellow Americans, I hope you all have a safe and wonderful 4th of July! I am heading up to a lake in Maryland to spend some time with my dear friend Jackie and her family. I was in DC for the festivities last year, so I am excited to mix things up a bit and spend some time on the water. I am so grateful and proud to call this beautiful country of ours home.
July is shaping up to be a busy month. My roommate and I move in two weeks (ah!), and I have not packed a single thing. Luckily, we’ve hired movers and are in the process of finding a move-out cleaner, both of which should help immensely. I think I want to hang some new art in my room for a change, and want to frame a sample of the famous wallpaper from the Beverly Hills Hotel, finally buy the Inslee print I’ve had my eye on, and maybe even make some abstract art. I’ll keep you guys posted, but if you have any favorite prints or photographers I should check out, let me know, because I’m all ears.
A couple of weekends after the dust settles from the big move, I’m heading to Chicago for my cousin’s wedding and then turning around and departing for Charleston to attend The Blog Societies’ Annual Conference. It should be a fun couple of weeks there, and a nice reward from the pain that is moving. (How did I accumulate so much sh!t?!)
Enough chit chat, I’ll let you get on with what you’re really here for—the links. Have a safe + fun weekend!
LINKS I AM LOVING //
- So excited to have an RPM Italian here in DC! Can’t wait to try out G + B’s restaurant with some blogger gals later this month.
- I think we all can relate to Justin Trudeau in this awkward three-way handshake GIF.
- Matthew McConaughey could be your professor if you go to UT Austin.
- A great post by my friend Ashlee on how to accumulate frequent flier miles without flying.
- My friend Melissa’s delicious (and healthier!) seven-layer taco dip perfect for the 4th festivities.
- Will and Kate are taking over Diana’s former apartment at Kensington Palace.
- A fascinating read on how Arlington, Virginia named their streets.
- A sub-300 calorie shrimp and asparagus stir fry I want to try next week.
- One of my favorite bloggers, Liz, was credited as the photog on Kristin Cavallari’s Instagram this week. Small world!
- Speaking of Laguna, Morgan is one of my favorite MTV alum. She recently did a cute interview on her new swimwear line.
- Great thoughts on why you shouldn’t sweat the small stuff.
- Millennials are obsessed with side hustles (#represent). To follow that up, here’s some great advice on turning a side thing into a full-time job.
- I died laughing while reading this: 23 cake decorators who are too literal for their own good.
- Loving this palm print skirt!
- An interesting read on how big cities like Washington are preparing for the next terrorist attack.
- Kim K was not thrilled about her portrayal on The People vs. OJ.
- The art of quitting: how to leave a company on good terms.
A TOUCH OF TEAL LATELY //
- A few thoughts on wasted time, plus my favorite romper as of late.
- On the difference a year makes and some pictures from my trip to NYC last weekend.
- Everything you’ll want to see and do if you go to Annapolis.
- My travel tips for vacationing with limited PTO and funds.
Wow, it sounds like you’re going to be quite busy over the next month! Make sure you build in some relaxation time for yourself too – you’re gonna need it 🙂 Have a wonderful 3-day weekend, girl!
You’re so right – if only I had built in a little more time ;]
Enjoy your holiday!
<3 | X ALY | Latest: The Hell Yeah Shirt – Style Post
Thanks for sharing my skinny taco dip recipe, love! I hope your holiday weekend was great! <3
Of course, it looks DELISH!
I’m also moving in a handful of weeks and have don’t practically nothing!! Just last weekend I spent a few hours creating a checklist of things that I have to do, but wow, more stressful than I remember!
Right! If only these boxes would move themselves ;]
So excited to see you in a few weeks! Enjoy your travels!
The Blog Societies | http://www.theblogsocieties.com
Omg those cakes…hilarious.
Can’t wait to meet you TBSCON!