Happy Friday, y’all! I am extra excited about this weekend as I am heading to Fort Lauderdale today!
My cousin Christina lives down there with her fiancé, and my visit is long overdue! It’s been a very cold and rainy May here in DC, with more of the same forecasted for this weekend, so I am stoked to escape the subpar weather and start working on my summer tan.
It’s hard to believe Memorial Day is next weekend! What do you guys have on the docket? I’m heading to a wedding in Roanoke, and am really excited to hang with good friends and soak up all that the Star City of the South has to offer. A few weeks ago, I was shopping around for a dress after I’d had a few glasses of wine, and ended up deciding to sign up for Rent the Runway Pro. For only $30 a year, it allows you to get free shipping and insurance on all of your purchases, so as long as you rent two dresses annually, it pays for itself. Signing up was one of the better decisions I’ve made under a wine buzz, and I’m excited to see how this Shoshanna Lace Dress works out next weekend! I rented this white number for the upcoming Washingtontian Best of Washington Party and this beautiful color block dress for my cousin’s wedding in July after seeing my friend Kristyn rock it at Gold Cup. I’ve used Rent the Runway in the past for New Years Eve and holiday party dresses and had great experiences, so am looking forward to using them again!
I’d love to know if you all have any RTR favorites I should check out for the future, and I hope you have a great weekend! x
- Absolutely loved Sheryl Sandberg’s Berkeley Commencement Address. There’s a transcript of it here if you prefer to read. (I rounded up my favorite graduation speeches last year!)
- Best kept secret EVER? Rory Gilmore and Pete Campbell have a son. We also may have a release date on the Gilmore Girls revival.
- Win your very own ‘Fixer Upper’ room done by Joanna herself.
- A great article for millennials: reasons why you haven’t been promoted.
- Any other Society Social fans out there? I loved Roxy’s behind-the-scenes look at her segment on Fox & Friends.
- Fruits and vegetables used to look so different you might not even recognize them.
- Bath and Body Works is bringing back your favorite scents from the 90s. (I’m not one to say no to mango mandarin.)
- Life advice from 11 women who have their shit together.
- Barbara Bush on her twin sister, Jenna: “We have our own unspoken language.”
- A great piece on modern dating: single woman seeking sandwich.
- Find out what you’re name would have been if you were born today. (Mine would be Lillian!)
- 73 questions with Taylor Swift.
And, in case you missed it, here’s what’s been going on around TOT lately:
- My new favorite place: The Winery at Bull Run.
- An easy punch recipe + the cutest pineapple tumblers.
- An overview of what my grad school program looks like and some FAQs answered.
- My favorite off-shoulder mini dress.
PS. Thank you so much to everyone who took my reader survey! I am going to leave it open for a few more days. Click here if you’re interested >>
Uhhh…that colour block dress is ADORABLE and I cannot wait to see you ROCK. IT. Kristyn looks fab in it, too! Have fun in Ft. Lauderdale—the B&B crew was in Miami a few weeks ago and the beaches were GLORIOUS. Of course, we came back to 20 straight days of rain, but at least I can look at my arms and know that the hope of a tan is still there!
Thanks LADY! I am ready to move to the beach permanently, want to come with me?!
I couldn’t believe that Rory + Pete had a son and kept it under wraps either! I was so surprised to read that yesterday. That name generator is crazy! My name would be Avery (which happens to be my cousins name, haha). My 70s name would be Donna though. What a 70s name indeed!
Ah! SO FUNNY! I love naming and figuring out what my name might have been!
Too funny–I’m actually hosting a wedding shower in Roanoke that same weekend! Maybe I’ll see ya around 😉 Have fun soaking up that Florida sun!
So fun! Hope you enjoyed the Star City as much as I did!