Happy Friday! Tomorrow is the day I head to Park City!
Because I’ll be on vacation, I am not going to be posting next Monday through Thursday. BUT, I’ll be checking in with y’all on Friday (3/25). Can’t wait to hear about how your weeks go!
This week was hectic, but so much fun. A highlight was going to my alma mater, the University of Virginia, for a recruiting trip earlier this week. When my coworker and I arrived, it was a gray, misty day, but by the end of the day, it was one of those gorgeous Charlottesville spring days. It was sunny and warm. I walked at least 15,000 steps around Grounds, and I met up with my sister for dinner at my favorite restaurant! And I’m not one to complain about the start of March Madness either and the office camaraderie it inspires.
But, on top of everything else I had to do this week before vacation tomorrow, my Geek Squad saga around my Nikon D3300 continues. As you may recall, I sent it in a few weeks ago to fix the autofocus. It came back to me a week later, cleaned, but still broken. So I went to a different Best Buy where the team there was nothing but helpful. We isolated the problem to the body of my camera, tried my lenses on the same model in the store, determined there really was something wrong, and sent it back in a second time. Well, it came back on Wednesday night from the Geek Squad service center with the camera battery, memory card, and lens cap all missing. Completely unacceptable! I know you’re not supposed to sweat the small stuff, but it was hard not to let that get to me.
Whatever y’all are up to this weekend and next week, I hope you have a great one! I’ll be posting over on Instagram, so be sure to follow along there. xx
- An interesting read on celebrity divorces in Hollywood.
- Definitely looking forward to trying this Tex Mex Mac and Cheese recipe.
- Cute family alert: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge hit the slopes with George and Charlotte.
- People vs. OJ fans: Marcia Clark on why Kris Jenner wasn’t a witness in the OJ trial.
- UVA people: 43 things to eat in Charlottesville before you die!
- Kraft Mac & Cheese changed their recipe and no one noticed.
- The perfect wine to pair with each Girl Scout cookie.
- A great Ted Talk: Why Your Worst Deeds Don’t Define You.
- Russia’s military is recruiting dolphins, and their mission is a mystery.
- Kristin Cavallari reveals the one Laguna Beach scene she wish had never aired.
- Remember Nathan and Haley’s son Jamie from OTH? He’s all grown up now.