Happy Friday! I’m here bracing for the large winter storm about to pummel the Mid Atlantic and thanking my lucky stars I had the foresight to go to the grocery store on Monday while I still had my top pick of wine and cheese.
I started class for the semester on Wednesday night and was not prepared for the 1″ dusting of snow the area got. For one, I was wearing suede booties with virtually no traction, and didn’t realize how bad the storm was since class went until 10:30 pm. The classroom I was in does not have windows, so when I walked outside, I knew Uber would be surging high. Luckily, I was able to get in on an Uber pool and the driver was able to take me safely most of the way until the huge hill behind my apartment. It had basically turned into a sheet of ice and was the scene of a three-car pile up. Yet, I got out of the Uber without thinking too much and the next thing I know, I’m on my back.
Luckily, my cell phone, aforementioned shoes, and laptop all survived the spill and the only real causality was my bruised elbow and pride. Needless to say, I’m hoping for an early spring and plan to spend most of the weekend hunkered down in the warmth of my apartment. Hope everyone stays safe and thinks warm thoughts! xx
- Is anyone else excited for American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson? I’m glad the Kardashians are on board with it, and think David Schwimmer will make an excellent Robert Kardashian Sr. Here’s the teaser that first sparked my interest.
- It’s here! The 100 best restaurants in Washington. (I love Fiola Mare, which is number one this year!)
- Our middle school selves are elated: Jenna Fischer says she and John Krasinski were genuinely in love as Jim and Pam.
- A staggering look at the jaw-dropping emptiness of America.
- Four women reveal their annual beauty budget.
- The 30 best pieces of advice for entrepreneurs.
- Something else to think about: her dying husband left her the house and the car, but he forgot the Apple password.
- For all you fellow Wahoos out there, talk about a great theme for a wedding.
- Some quality advice on how to grocery shop for one person.
- Loving this feather-trimmed top from Bloomingdale’s.
- YELP CEO talks about why North Arlington (where I live!) deserves 5 stars.
- I love following Laguna Beach star Morgan on Instagram, and here’s a cute little interview with her on motherhood.
- Pour one out: the real Instagram husbands of DC.
- A great deal on Skillshare from a Cup of Jo! 99 cents for three months.
- Loved this in-depth look at how foreign wealth is streaming into large cities like NYC and Miami, and how the Feds want to regulate it more. (Maybe this is just interesting to me since I work in real estate.)
- Sweat: the hottest accessory. Loved this take on Soul Cycle x Target.