So, I was restructuring the back end of A Touch of Teal the other day and realized I never did a link love, vol. 39. I’m in grad school, but I still can’t count apparently!
All that restructuring of the back-end was to reorganize my navigation bar. You’ll notice that outfits are now sorted by season and you can quickly access my new wear-to-work series, which I plan to add to regularly. Under the lifestyle tab, I’ve called out my favorite verticals that I plan to consistently post about—travel, cocktails, paper products, personal posts, and on my nightstand—and I’ve moved career and blogging to top-level navigation categories as I want to get back to posting about these topics.
Since this link love seems to be masquerading as a “blog goals for 2016” post, I also have three other ideas + tasks I want to implement moving forward and wanted to share them with you today:
IMPROVE MY PHOTOGRAPHY / I’ve come a long way in my blog photography considering I used to take all my pictures on an iPhone or point-and-shoot digital camera, but I want to keep improving. It’s been about a year since I bought my DSLR and I now have two lenses for it—a 50mm and a 35 mm. One thing that really frustrates me is seeing other blogs with great photography and knowing mine have the potential to be even better—especially around outfit posts. I want to ensure those photos are less blurry, less awkward, and have more interesting backdrops that my apartment complex courtyard. (I’m lazy sometimes!)
GET PERSONAL / Some of my favorite blogs these days—particularly Sequins & Stripes and Lemon Stripes—do such a fantastic job of giving you insights to their daily lives and what they are currently struggling with, elated about, or interested in. I love reading these blogs because I feel like Liz and Julia are great gal pals who I could invite over for a wine night, even though I’ve never met them in person—though I have sent them fan mail! This is something I want to get better at on A Touch of Teal, while still finding ways to keep some parts of my offline life private.
REDESIGN MY BLOG / I last redesigned my blog in September 2014. I love how it looks, but really want to take it to the next level and find ways to incorporate newer design trends into A Touch of Teal, while also improving the functionality of how you find and read my content since I now have nearly 400 posts!
Whew. Seems like my weekend to-do list just grew a ton! If you’re a blogger, I’d love to know what your goals for 2016 are. If you’re not a blogger, I’d love to hear what songs you think TI will sing (rap?) at his concert that I’m going to tonight. And either way, I hope you have a great weekend! x
- Who else is excited for the Friends reunion?! Here’s a take on why it’s so hard to get all six in the same room.
- Why baby carrots are not baby carrots.
- Anyone else succumb to Powerball mania this week? Here’s a simulator demonstrating how hard it is to win. (I lost $20.)
- Any other Cup of Jo readers out there? Her brother-in-law died earlier this year, and her twin sister wrote a beautiful op-ed in the New York Times. I definitely cried at work reading it.
- Loved this post on Instagram profile branding, another skill I really want to hone in 2016.
- The backstory behind Instagram filters’ names.
- LOVED these Fuller House season one photos.
- Pro-tip: stop asking people for coffee in 2016.
- Want to know the most popular Lyft destinations in your city? Look no further than the 2015 Lyftie Awards.
- How rude: Elizabeth Olsen was approached about playing Michelle in Fuller House.
- An interesting tale about a guy who is addicted to frequent flyer miles.
- What flight attendants really think when they first greet you.
- Belated but stunning and saddening: the year in pictures, 2015.
- If you’re 30% through your life, you’re likely 90% through your best relationships.
- Loving this new brand identity for the University of the Arts Helsinki.
- Good news for your weekend: a new study suggests people who don’t drink alcohol are more likely to die young.