This place. Plus a lot more scaffolding than show in the picture below. Plus me and my closest friends. THIS WEEKEND!
That’s right. It’s UVA Homecomings this weekend! (Yes, there is an “S” and no, not all incoming first years have to take a class called Elitism 101.)
And the cherry on top to reliving the glory days in the land of $5 double dirty Shirleys and $4 Free Bird sandwiches is that I get to fulfill a lifelong—well, maybe college-long—dream of recruiting at UVA. I’m heading down this morning to give an information session with a fellow wahoo coworker, and I could not be more thrilled. I love my job, and I love UVA, so it really is the perfect opportunity. I’m not complaining about the timing either.
Even though I’m on the road today—with more clothes packed for a weekend than one person would ever need—I didn’t want to leave you hanging on the Friday procrastination. Let’s hope to it shall we?
- I’ve gave up on Thought Catalog when Ryan O’Connell left as a regular editor/writer, but this piece has some great tips on how to become a better negotiator, regardless of what your day job is.
- Have you guys heard of The Reluctant Entertainer? I just discovered her amazing blog, and have been pinning a bunch of the recipes to try.
- It’s no secret I love One Tree Hill (#TeamBrooke), so it should be no surprised I died over this OTH Reunion last weekend.
- Flashback Friday: The White House’s first website in 1994. Whoever wrote the commentary is brilliant.
- Loving this J Crew layered sweater, and seriously considering buying it even though it’s final sale (I hate the size risks that come with ordering online!).
- Looking for a new Tinder strategy? This just might be your best bet.
- I stocked up on these Old Navy vests last weekend The gold hardware makes them look way more expensive than they are. #win