Hello from Dallas, Texas!
My blogger bestie, Monica, invited me to her parents house for a long weekend and I am excited to finally cross Texas off my bucket list. It’s also the 27th state I’ve been to, so I am well on my way to getting to all 50 states by age 50!
The week leading up to this trip—we flew out last night—was both calm and hectic. Work started out with a bang at the beginning of the week, but had quieted down by the time I left the office yesterday. Of course, prepping for a trip always results in last minute errands, but I did find time to meet my cousin’s new baby and enjoy my first Cava Grill experience.
I land at DCA late Sunday night, and am catching an early-morning Acela to New York City to spend two days having some big-city fun with my teammates at work. I will definitely be recapping one of our stops on the blog, and as always, Instagramming my adventures.
Let me know what you’re up to this weekend! xx
LINKS I LOVED //
- A fool-proof way to save yourself a few lbs each year. Do you do it too?
- Great design that is bringing world change to the masses.
- I definitely help contribute to this: People in DC spend more on books and magazines than anywhere else in the US.
- Taylor Cole of Laguna Beach and Alex M was her bridesmaid! (If you’re not following Morgan on Instagram though, you’re missing out!)
- A beautiful new wearable health tracker, Bellabeat.
- I was really inspired by my friend Laura’s 10-Day Sugar Detox.
- The rise of Rifle Paper Co.: The Most Popular Stationer on the Internet.
- A great read on the Evolution of American Neighborhood Values. (I especially loved this as I lived in Durham, North Carolina for four years!)
- Garden & Gun talks shop with Reese Witherspoon.
- Do you remember why Tweets are 140 characters?
- Loved this Design Matters podcast with Michael Arad, who designed the 9/11 Memorial.
- These images of Paris’s crumbling suburban high-rises are astoundingly beautiful.
- How your plate size could be shaping your waistline.
- A foolproof way to ask for and receive a great letter of recommendation.
- Fabulous tips to improve your food styling and photography.
SHOPPING + SUCH //
- Lusting after these Illesteva Palm Beach Sunglasses.
- Get ’em while they’re hot: my favorite booties of all time. (And they are only $99!)
- Fell in love with this stacked ball floor lamp while perusing the aisles of Target Wednesday night.
- After three years with my current one, I think it’s time for a new magic wallet. They’re perfect for going out!
Oh I love that trench coat, too! This weekend will be a relaxing one for me! 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Check out my blog if you want: http://www.theglamandglitter.com
Thank you Tamara! xx
Yay, you’re in Texas! I hope you have a wonderful time! 🙂
Woohoo! I LOVED Texas! xx
Wow this is so exciting to be able to travel and visit so many states!
Have a wonderful fun with your friend and don’t forget to make lots of photos to show us later :))
Thank you lady! Lots of post coming your way. xx
ahhh! lots of fun links that i need to check out now. thanks for doing all the hard work!
You’re welcome lady! xx
You know I love a good link, so I can’t wait to check out some, if not all of these links. I am especially interested in the crumbing suburban high rises of Paris. I just adore everything about Paris. Thanks for posting this girl.
Kia / KTS
I love Paris too! Can’t wait to get back there. Glad you enjoyed them. xx
how cool are those matches!! 😀
Have a great week!
Have so much fun in Texas! And don’t forget to try some brisket! My absolute favorite thing about TX!
Taffeta & Tulips
Thank you Kate! I loved Texas! xx
So I won’t lie, your link loves are my absolute favorite of any blogger out there! You cover so many interesting topics 🙂 Plus I absolutely signed up to hear about that health tracker! All the others that I’ve seen.. idk I just knew I wouldn’t really want to sport them around much. But Bellabeat is gorgeous! xo
Kelsey | http://www.abalancingpeach.com
Aw, Kelsey! Your comment really made my day. So glad you signed up – let me know when you hear from them. xx