Happy Friday you guys! We made it!
This is the first link love I’ve done in a while, so I am excited to share all my Internet finds with you today! Last weekend I spent some time in Charlottesville hanging out with my sister and some high school/college friends. This weekend, I’m excited to hang out in DC and get my life in order before I head out of town the next two weekends. I’m planning on hitting up brunch with my coworkers, spending time with my friend Monique, and stocking up on guac at the grocery store. (Though, let’s be real, I do the latter every weekend.) This round up is on the longer side, so let’s get right to it, shall we? Have a good one! xx
What I’m reading on the internet this week:
- This is everything: Taylor Swift sang Smelly Cat with
Phoebe BuffayLisa Kudrow.
- Need something to watch this weekend? Here’s everything new to Netflix this month.
- Proven ways to get more likes on Instagram.
- Mindy Kaling’s guide to killer confidence. (Who else is excited for her new book?!)
- A beautiful infographic that provides the recipes for some popular cocktails.
- The most 90s thing that could ever exist.
- Let’s celebrate National Girlfriends Day and encourage each other on a journey to a healthier life. Here’s a great infographic of checkups women need to make a priority throughout their lifetime thanks to Oscar Health Insurance Company.
- Anyone else torn up about the destruction of the historic temple in Palmyra? Here are some great vintage photos of the site.
- This “How to Name a Baby” article features some great graphs on name fads.
- An interesting take on how fashion blogging became mainstream.
- This photo essay on the decade into the Katrina diaspora is a must-see.
- Completely agree: women-in-business comparisons are completely unfair.
- Now this is an uber ride I wish I was a part of.
What I’ll be shopping for this weekend:
- The Dolce Vita Juneau Fringe Bootie (who else is excited about bootie season?!).
- This J Crew Factory Tipped Crepe Wrap Skirt.
- An ‘Adventure Capitalist’ zip-pocket bag for the upcoming trips I’m taking.
- A J Crew Factory Leather Pocket Tee (give me leather or give me nothing, right?)
- Another tray.
Disclaimer: I was just accepted to rewardStyle (!) and will be using their affiliate links for my product links moving forward. This post also contains affiliate links. Basically, what that means is when you click on one of my links and purchase something, I receive a commission off your purchase. I want to be as transparent as possible about this practice I use, as do many other bloggers. All the money I receive from these links is reinvested directly back into this blog in the form of my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, new camera lenses, web hosting, energy in the form of Diet Mountain Dew, etc. I promise I do not make rent money off this site ;]. Thanks so much for supporting me and the brands that keep A Touch of Teal’s doors open!