Woohoo, it’s FRIDAY!
I spent last weekend in New York City—which is where I snapped the pic above during a Washington Square Park ice cream break—and had an absolute blast. It might have been the best trip I’ve taken there since graduation a few years ago, and the highlights definitely were the booze cruise we took Friday night and the country music dive bar we posted up at Saturday.
This weekend will be in stark contrast as I will be holed up in my apartment—with lots of chips and guac, obvi—wrapping up my final projects for this semester. But on the flip side, I head to the beach for a week next Saturday and then I have a few weeks off from school, which means a lot more time to write and photograph posts for A Touch of Teal! And, more time to work on my non-existent tan…
But for now, here’s your weekly dose of workweek procrastination:
- My roommate is so brave, and wrote this awesome piece on sexual assault. You should read it.
- A great academic read on the Kardashian’s ability to brand and market themselves.
- So, who else wants to crash Prince George’s garden playground?
- The 50 States of America if they were actually people in a bar. (Virginia’s is on point.)
- Anyone else a little jealous of Malia Obama’s summer in New York?
- A fascinating read on secret Catholics at Jamestown.
- A visual history of homes in America.
- Loved this read on what it’s like growing up royal.
- More Kate Spade? Twist my arm.
- 60 things you might not know about Disneyland’s Magic Kingdom.
- Set some time aside this weekend to create your emergency bag.
- Frigid offices, freezing women, oblivious men = my life in a nutshell.
Thank you! I love finding new reading material 🙂
Of course! xx
That is a beautiful picture and a very yummy looking ice-cream 🙂 Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!
~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com ♥
Aw thanks lady! Have a good one, too! xx
love these kinds of posts. Your roommates article was amazing. xx kenz
Thanks Kenz! xx
Love these links! The freezing offices is so funny, I saw that last week and couldn’t relate more if I tried!
Ah, I know right?! xx
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing these links! Amazing writing by your roommate, and I’m loving the visual history of homes in America…very cool!
Aw thanks Valerie! I will be sure to tell her :]
The ‘Texan in a bar’ is painfully accurate. The air-conditioning article is very true. For me, what’s even worse about the whole thing, is when people feel the need to comment on the fact that you’re wearing extra layers. “Why are you all bundled up?” “Are you expecting a snow storm?” Rage.
I thought the Virginian in a bar was so accurate too! And SERIOUSLY!! There is a reason all of my coworkers and I have blankets at work!
your roommate is definitely a brave one! Loved all the links!
kat | http://www.deliriumstyle.com
Thanks lady! She is indeed :]
That 50 states people in a bar is awesome and totally gave me a chuckle haha.
Right?! A real winner.