Woohoo, it’s FRIDAY!
I spent last weekend in New York City—which is where I snapped the pic above during a Washington Square Park ice cream break—and had an absolute blast. It might have been the best trip I’ve taken there since graduation a few years ago, and the highlights definitely were the booze cruise we took Friday night and the country music dive bar we posted up at Saturday.
This weekend will be in stark contrast as I will be holed up in my apartment—with lots of chips and guac, obvi—wrapping up my final projects for this semester. But on the flip side, I head to the beach for a week next Saturday and then I have a few weeks off from school, which means a lot more time to write and photograph posts for A Touch of Teal! And, more time to work on my non-existent tan…
But for now, here’s your weekly dose of workweek procrastination:
- My roommate is so brave, and wrote this awesome piece on sexual assault. You should read it.
- A great academic read on the Kardashian’s ability to brand and market themselves.
- So, who else wants to crash Prince George’s garden playground?
- The 50 States of America if they were actually people in a bar. (Virginia’s is on point.)
- Anyone else a little jealous of Malia Obama’s summer in New York?
- A fascinating read on secret Catholics at Jamestown.
- A visual history of homes in America.
- Loved this read on what it’s like growing up royal.
- More Kate Spade? Twist my arm.
- 60 things you might not know about Disneyland’s Magic Kingdom.
- Set some time aside this weekend to create your emergency bag.
- Frigid offices, freezing women, oblivious men = my life in a nutshell.
And here’s what’s new this week on A Touch of Teal: