It’s been a while since we’ve had a good link love around here!
Even though it was the week after the 4th of July holiday, I felt oddly rested and ready to tackle anything that came my way. We’ve reached the midterm point in the semester at grad school which means that class work is really going to start heating up—but, I’ve got trips on the horizon to look forward to: NYC, Ocean Isle, Winston Salem, and Nashville, with hopes of heading to Dallas and Boston before it turns chilly. While it’s technically been summer for a while now, now that we’ve celebrated Independence Day, it feels like the season is really here and I am ready to take full advantage this weekend.
As for now, here’s what I’ve been loving on the Internet the past few weeks—let me know if you’ve found anything good!:
- Who knew that TGI Friday’s helped invent the singles bar?
- Looking to rest in peace in Manhattan? Hope you have $350,000 lying around.
- This one word can damage your credibility.
- This co-ed softball team’s Instagram is everything.
- How renting became the new home ownership (#preach).
- The most telling Secret Service code names in American History.
- 20 years later, Pocahontas is still Disney’s most radical heroine.
- Fellow DC folks: you will love this judgmental Washington DC Metro Map.