We made it, y’all—happy Friday!
This weekend should be a fun, family-filled one—I am heading to Harrisonburg, Virginia to see my middle sister, Jennifer, graduate from college, it’s my Mom’s birthday, and it’s Mother’s day! (Hi, Mom—love you!)
It’s nice that all of these activities fall on the weekend after finals for grad school. I turned in my last paper on Wednesday, and we celebrated in class with pizza and a life chat. I can’t think of a better way to cap off the first semester of class. I hope you had an equally carb-filled week and a stacked weekend ahead. To tide you over until closing time, here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
- The way Snickers takes advantage of amusing fails across the state of of New York is hilarious.
- The only time I’ve ever seen Comic Sans look, dare I say, good.
- My heart goes out to Sheryl Sandberg. Her words about her late Dave Goldberg are gracious and beautiful.
- A brilliant way this woman used a Pizza Hut order form when she was being held hostage.
- Ellen cried, I cried—I think it’s safe to say you will all cry when you hear about this selfless kindergarten teacher.
- An excellent read on why diets don’t actually work.
- If you want to feel old, here are 23 reminders of what the world was like when the class of 2015 was born.
- A relatable read on the state of dating in modern times.