So, I know the Super Bowl is on Sunday. But my personal Super Bowl is happening on Saturday night at 7:30 pm when UVA tips off against Duke. Go Hoos!
The rest of my weekend will be spent working on my first paper for grad school—though it shouldn’t be bad since I am writing about blogging and marketing strategies. I know I am going to be needing a large dose of procrastination to help with those mental breaks, and figured you might need some link love for your last workday of the week. Hope you all have a great one!
- Need some workout inspiration for the weekend? Kris and Bruce to the rescue.
- This Atlantic piece on how Millennials want to be in the suburbs but are stuck in the city really resonated. Do you agree?
- I have major couch envy from this apartment tour of Carly’s NYC residence.
- These pictures of hundreds of fish being removed from an abandoned shopping mall in Bangkok are so fascinating.
- Anyone else excited for their freezer to be brimming with Thin Mints again? As a former Scout myself, I loved this piece on the evolution of Girl Scout Cookies—especially seeing the old boxes!
- It’s hard to fathom that New York has it’s first $100 million apartment. (How can I move in?)
- By now you know I am a cult follower of Full House, so you know I loved it when they got the gang together and sang the theme song.
- Great infographics that that show the evolution of the perfect female body (according to society) over the last 10 decades.
- Ever since the movie Anastasia, I have been fascinated my the Romanovs. Looking at these intimate snapshots of the family, colored by Maria Romanov herself, was definitely a highlight of my week.
- Life goals: have a workspace as colorful as the Oh Joy! team.
- Some great ideas for DIY photo backdrops for bloggers (or if you just want awesome Instagrams!).
Infographics that show the evolution of the perfect female body is such an informative post. I learned many things from it. Thanks for the share.
Thanks! I thought so too :] Have a nice weekend. x
Lovely post! I definitely have couch envy too, Carly’s couch is just too cute! If only I had room in my little dorm for one like that! The Full House reunion had me wishing they would do a marathon on TV or do a one-time reunion episode or something, ahhh I love Full House! Great post, Katie!
LOVE that couch! I still watch Full House once or twice week. Thanks girl! Have a great weekend. x
What a lovely post, thank you for sharing! <3
I have a new post on my blog, would love to know your thoughts:
* Electric Sunrise – Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *
Of course, have a great weekend! x
funny you mention girl scout cookies, I’ve just ordered 5 boxes already from different friends with children and totally won’t regret eating them lol
SO GOOD RIGHT?! I am a sucker. Hope you enjoy yours! xo
Great tips! I love Full House too!! 😀
It’s such a great show! xo
Lots of great information here. Thanks for sharing!
Glad it was helpful! xo
good luck with your first paper for grad school! sounds like an interesting topic 😀 and lots of opportunities for procrastination!
Thanks girl! It was – definitely not a terrible topic to write about!
Love those sunnies 🙂
That Atlantic article is definitely an interesting one. I move to NYC from AZ a few years ago and while I don’t have any plans to move soon, I definitely do want a house one day. Living in a big city sure ain’t easy, but it’s worth it!
Skirt The Rules
I completely agree. I think there’s a time and a place for everything! I want a house too, but wouldn’t want to be in true suburbs right now.
Thanks for the link to the backdrop DIYs – I am so challenged with my pix and this will be a BIG help!
You’re welcome! I thought it was brilliant, too!
thanks for posting!
You’re welcome! xo
love your blogger tip post!! 😀 love the shades in the photo! so rad!
Thanks girl! Happy Groundhog Day! xo
I’m so upset I’m missing girl scout cookie season!!! I need my cookies!
Melanie @ meandmr.com
AHHH!! Hopefully one day they will have international shipping! xo
I am also obsessed with the Romanovs so those pictures made me very happy. Also, Full House for the win.
So glad you enjoyed them! xo