Fridays are always sweet, but the first Friday back after break seems even sweeter. Monday I was really anxious about how the whole week would pan out—first day of class, big meetings for events next month at work, mourning the loss of unlimited free time—but it turned out better than expected. Sometimes, you just have to take things a one day at a time.
This weekend I am keeping things nice and low-key. I have brunches scheduled with friends both Saturday and Sunday, but want to leave some time to work business cards for A Touch of Teal and play around with my new DSLR (!).
And if we’re being realistic—East Coasters, I’m sure you’re with me on this one—it’s cold outside, so I’ll be spending a lot of time with Hart of Dixie on Netflix while wearing my fleece-lined leggings. It’s not quite the Bahamas, but it’s the next best thing.
So if you’re curled up with your space heater at work looking for some Friday afternoon procrastination before you can head home—look no further. Here’s your weekly dose of link love:
- The youngest woman ever, Elise Stefanik, 30, just joined Congress. Talk about girl power.
- 10 lessons learned from 2014 for a better 2015 from some of my favorite creatives.
- Loved this article on how to tell someone’s age when all you know is her name—luckily for me, Katherine seems pretty timeless.
- I can’t be the only Serial lover out there. If you haven’t listened, drop everything and do so. If you have listened, check out the interview with Prosecutor Kevin Urick.
- My reversible tote has come in handy recently, especially on vacation.
- This article from a former Ruth Bader Ginsburg clerk about being a stay-at-home dad touched my heart, and really puts what is important into perspective.
- I am so excited to forge the river again with the online version of Oregon Trail.
- Do you love Downton Abbey? (Me too, Lady Mary is the ultimate HBIC.) Then you’ll love this Million Dollar American Princesses series.
- Did anyone else not know Anderson Cooper is a descendent of the Vanderbilts? Mind. Blown.