Happy Friday, friends!
How was everyone’s week? Mine was super busy, but it flew by. On Monday and Tuesday, I worked out after work, and then on Wednesday, I was able to get dinner and drinks with two of my great friends from college who I haven’t seen in over a year. We all met through the school paper, The Cavalier Daily, and it was fun to reminisce about old times and comparing our day-to-day lives now. It really is true—the older you get, the more you need people who knew you when you were young.
Last night, I went to a Royal Wedding Pop Up Bar here in DC with Monica, Kristyn, Jenn, and Laura! It was so much fun—and I’m going to write a short recap post I am hoping to get up later today or tomorrow. Kristyn is hosting us at her apartment on Saturday morning for a watch party of Harry and Meghan’s big day, and although I and reading the wake-up time, I am so excited to see them tie the knot—and the nap I plan to take after!
I hope everyone has a great (royal wedding) weekend + stay dry if you’re on the East Coast! x (PS—the picture above was taken from my trip to Clemson, South Carolina last month!)
- My coworkers and I died over this shop that sells slightly browning fake plants.
- At Westminster Abbey, a historic tower addition unlocks royal treasures.
- He searched for his Japanese mother. She had named her restaurant after him.
- I loved Grace’s post on the nostalgia of her early days in New York City.
- Who else is excited for Blue Apron x Chrissy Teigen?
- I loved getting an inside look at Victoria’s workday.
- Harry’s Afghanistan comrade to ride in his wedding this weekend.
- Why is everyone getting married in a barn?
- She landed a plane after an engine exploded. She wasn’t supposed to be flying that day.
- John Krasinski’s and Emily Blunt’s Brooklyn townhouse is gorgeous.
- What is your city’s twin?
- Jess shares all the details about her engagement rings and some good tips on buying one.
- Five myths about the British royals.
- This old Kmart is reborn as a Chicago high school.
- Everything Meghan Markle has given up to become a royal.
- Arlington, Virginia (where I live!) was named America’s fittest city.
- Danielle’s post on loss and hope on Mother’s Day is beautifully written.
- Jackie’s gallery wall has inspired me to make one of my own.
- Joanna Gaines welcomes Jenna Bush into her kitchen.
- Larry Nassar’s victims will receive Arthur Ashe Courage at the ESPYs.
And here’s what’s been new on TOT lately:
That story about the guy searching for his Japanese mother almost had me in tears!
It was such a good read!