Hi, all! Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a nice week. I love summertime weather, so I have been in Heaven the past few weeks and have been spending as much time outdoors on patios. This week was probably the week I’ve had the most social plans since March, dining out at patios three times this week! I totally understand everyone has different comfort levels with going out and about right now, but I’ve been really impressed with everywhere I’ve been: the tables are far apart, there’s hand sanitizer everywhere, and most restaurants have some sort of QR-code ordering or payment system to reduce interaction between guests and their hardworking staff. If you’re looking for a great patio hang in DC, this week I went to Barcelona, Dacha, and Screwtop, and they all did a great job. (I am usually a Barcelona hater—it’s always so crowded and disorganized, but my experience there was one of the best yet in Covid-19 times, so I would highly recommend!)
This weekend, I am really looking forward to laying low. I’m behind on reading for the month, so would love to spend an afternoon reading, and also have a few appointments at my apartment gym, which has been such a nice treat since it opened up by appointment only earlier this month.
I hope you have a great weekend! x
- Unlucky charms: the rise and fall of Alex and Ani.
- Cheating spouses, secret addictions: marriages are buckling under quarantine.
- Jean Kennedy Smith dies at 92.
- Netflix’s Babysitters Club is near-perfect television.
- What does the OG cast of Babysitters Club look like now?
- The Hamilton costume designer tells us his secrets to dressing the Founding Father.
- Hundreds of former Bush admin and campaign officials endorse Joe Biden.
- Broadway will remain closed through the rest of the year.
- What will happen to restaurants?
- This Is Us star Lonnie Chavis shares his experiences with racism.
And here’s what’s new on TOT: