Hey y’all! Happy Friday—if you’re on the East Coast like me, can we talk about this wild weather we’re having this weekend? I can’t believe it’s going to be in the 40s tomorrow! I’m hoping after this, the warm temps return and are here to stay. Even though I don’t have many places to wear them this year, I’m excited to rediscover my spring clothes and wear them for my Zoom calls and walks after work! I’ve been trying to put on real clothes as often as I can since it helps me feel more like myself—but I definitely have a few athleisure days a week, too!
Not too much to report about my plans this weekend—I’ll be at home, again! This week at work was very crazy, and so I was really craving a real break. Tonight, I’m picking up my favorite salad and going to watch reruns of Southern Charm—my idea of the perfect Friday night during quarantine. The rest of the weekend, I’m going to work through a few things on my to-do list, including listing more items for Poshmark, meal prepping since my freezer supplies are running low, and reading, since I haven’t had a ton of time to do so this week. I’m also going to sleep in without an alarm clock, which is the best!
Hope you guys have a great weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there! (And happy birthday to my mom, too!)
- Saved by the Bell! is back—see the first clips here.
- Winners wakeup early: an author shares every post about their morning routine.
- Harry and Meghan tell UK tabloids they will no longer deal with them.
- I loved Oh Joy’s ode to all the homes she’s loved before.
- KidsPost graduates share stories of their media literacy.
- I loved Mackenzie’s interview with her mom.
- Chipotle exec chef demonstrates how to make their guac.
- The missing purse: time capsule of 1993 life at UVA found in library.
- HomeTown’s Ben and Erin Napier’s journey to HGTV stardom.
- Prince Charles’s 16th century house in Cornwall.
For the time being, I’m also going to share some of the most interesting articles I read as it relates to COVID-19. I’ll separate them out into a different section so that if you’re pulling back from COVID-related news, they are easy to skip! So here’s all the links relating to that:
- Carnival Executives knew they had a virus problem, but they kept the party going.
- America’s biggest cities were already losing their allure, what happens next?
- How Washington’s dining scene will change.
- Vanquish the virus? Australia and New Zealand aim to show the way.
- Dr. Fauci says Brad Pitt’s portrayal of him on SNL.
- Quarantine fatigue has more people going outside.
- They got married in the middle of the friendliest street in town, and all the neighbors came to help.
- Anna Wintour made Conde Nast the embodiment of Boomer excess. Can it change to meet the crisis?
- Happy hour gets earlier in lockdown.
- Bill comes due for overextended Airbnb hosts.
- The Fauci Pouchy is a Capri Sun-like cocktail for Coronavirus times.
- Sushi Taro will not reopen as a dine-in restaurant after COVID-19 crisis.
And here’s what’s new on TOT: