Happy Friday! This week was so much better for me than last—I cut my news consumption down even further, was super busy at work which made the time fly, and feel like I am finally learning how to effectively balance my virtual social life. I felt like I have had a lot of emotional whiplash lately, and I am sure swings of sadness at some point, but for today, I’m grateful for a period of peace and calm. I snapped the picture above in my neighborhood on one of my walks after work this week—the wisteria at the Argentine Embassy was so beautiful and I stopped to enjoy it for a few minutes!
Back before Coronavirus, I would dedicate a little bit of time in these posts to talk about my weekend plans. These days, there isn’t much to report on—but I am going to try to get takeout from somewhere fun, finish up the book I’m reading, find a new TV show to binge and get outside on some nice long walks. I’m also looking forward to sleeping in and not having to be up at my computer by a certain time.
We got this—have a good weekend! x
- Princess Anne opens up about her life as a royal.
- Soul Cycle is now offering instructor-led virtual workouts.
- Tom Ford explains how to look good on Zoom calls.
- John Legend, Tim McGraw, and more to give virtual graduation speeches.
- The other Zoom hopes you didn’t forget about it.
- Great OpEd by Grace: I can’t stop influencing, even though people want me to feel guilty for it.
- How Romanov emeralds ended up with an American princess.
- The enduring mystery of the Romanov Faberge Easter eggs.
- How a Goofy movie became Disney’s most unlikely sleeper hit.
- Take a trip around the country with these famous foods delivered to your door.
- The Cheer SNL spoof is so good!
- Hamilton cast reunites on Zoom to surprise a young fan.
- Hilary Duff’s busy mom makeup routine.
For the time being, I’m also going to share some of the most interesting articles I read as it relates to COVID-19. I’ll separate them out into a different section so that if you’re pulling back from COVID-related news, they are easy to skip! So here’s all the links relating to that:
- After Coronavirus cancelled NCAA homecoming, Madison Kocian looks forward.
- Georgia bar owner pulls $3,700 from walls to give to staff.
- Broadway closes down through June 7, as anxieties rises about its future.
- Fairfax diner becomes free community pantry during the pandemic.
- The Full House cast remakes its famous intro.
- Tooth fairy and Easter Bunny are essential workers in New Zealand.
- COVID-era churches have some pretty amazing signs out front.
- Her Majesty addressed the Commonwealth in a special announcement.
- They were the last couple in paradise, now they are stranded.
And here’s what’s new on TOT: