Happy Friday! I am excited it is the weekend, even though this one will look different than most. This was my first full week working from home, and it became easier to get into a groove each passing day. I am also enjoying some work from home benefits—like a really, really short commute! 😉
I am grateful that work is a constant in my life at this time of rapid change, and especially grateful for a few really busy days because then the time passes quickly. I feel like my emotions were all over the map this week—and I am sure many of you felt the same! There were times when I was super happy and other times where I found myself in a moment of panic. Once I started limiting my consumption of the news to a reasonable amount each day to stay informed, but not panicked, things got a lot better.
I know I am really lucky that I can work from home and safely practice social distancing, when many heroes among us cannot. Me having to stay cooped up in my apartment—beside my daily walks which I so look forward to!—is a small price to pay to keep us all safe. For those of you out there working on the front lines, I am thinking of you! Thank you!
Yesterday would have been the start of March Madness, which bummed me out a bit since the rounds of 64 and 32 are so fun. And, until last week, Men’s Final Four was my big project at work, so needless to say, I’ve been working on other things this week. On the bright side, I suppose UVA will be defending national champs for another year—and to that I say, Wahoowa!
This weekend, I’m going to go on some nice long walks, get lost in a good book, work on some new blog posts, and shoot a few new IGTVs for my Instagram. Sitting at home for a week has also made me realize how much I need to deep clean my apartment—so here’s to hoping I find the motivation to do that, too!
I hope you all have a great and safe weekend! x
- I loved this video—it’s the humor we all need right now!
- A great piece by a UVA fourth year—what is left.
- Zara’s parent company will donate masks for Coronavirus outbreak in Spain.
- We live in Zoom now.
- Why people ignore social distancing during a Pandemic.
- Netflix lets friends to movie night virtually—here’s how it works.
- What if Cinderella never made the ball? Ask Hofstra.
- How an extraordinary meeting of 74 Chicago chefs grew into a commanding voice to seek help.
- Betty Crocker is selling no-bake, edible cookie dough bites.
- How Outdoor Voices, a start-up darling, imploded.
And here’s what’s been new on TOT: