TGIF, friends! Weekend before last, I was in Miami (a full post on my trip should be up early next!) and last weekend, I was in a wedding here in DC—so this is my first “normal” weekend home in DC in a while. I am really excited—and may or may not have overbooked myself. Tonight, I’m grabbing tapas with some friends, and then tomorrow, my sister and I are enoying breakfast at The Capital Burger out in Reston on their invitation. (It’s one of my favorite restaurants—done by the parent company of Capital Grille!) And later tomorrow, I’m grabbing drinks and dinner with my friend Jackie, who I met in the 9th grade—and it’s true what they say, the older you get, the more you need people who knew you when you were young.
I am excited for spring forward this weekend, even if it means losing an hour of sleep—getting out of work when it’s still light outside does so much for my mental health! These past few mornings it also has been lighter jacket weather, and I can just taste a beautiful reprieve from winter coming. (And I fully recognize this winter in DC has been so mild!) Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you have a great one! x
- Rising seas may force US climate refugees to the same five cities.
- I love Erin’s renovation projects and enjoyed this post on the cost of her kitchen project.
- Vanessa Bryant’s moving eulogies for Gigi and Kobe.
- Grace has great insight on sponsored content.
- Manhattan’s last Gilded Age Mansion is back on the market.
- A royal Instagram mystery.
- This UCLA gymnastics routine is lit.
- The chaos at Conde Nast.
- Prince Charles has only been wearing two coats since the 80s.
- I loved Mary’s hot roller tutorial!
- Elle and Dakota Fanning’s The Nightingale is out Christmas Day.
And here’s what’s new on TOT lately: