TGIF! First workweek of 2020 in the books! So far, the new year has kind of knocked me down—on Tuesday, I woke up feeling fine, but by the middle of the day, my throat was so sore and I felt really groggy. It started snowing during the middle of the day, so we went home to finish the day from there. After my calls wrapped, I went to urgent care to get swabbed for strep. Luckily, I didn’t have strep, but that meant I’d just have to ride out whatever virus I caught. I stayed home from work Wednesday and took it easy, and luckily, yesterday, I was starting to feel on the upswing.
I was extra stressed about getting sick this week because I don’t really get a weekend—but for a really fun reason because on Saturday, I am heading to New Orleans to work the College Football National Championship Game with my day job. This will be my third time in New Orleans and I am excited to get back to the Big Easy, eat some amazing gumbo, hear some amazing jazz music, and watch a great football game. I’ll be cheering for Clemson—go Tigers! #AllIn
I hope you all have a great weekend! x
- A lesson in creativity from Betty Crocker.
- DC locals: Miss Pixie’s home is filled with her signature pink.
- How living on the wrong side of a time zone can be hazardous to your health.
- I love following along with all the renovations at Danascara Place!
- I am obsessed with the Harper’s Bazaar YouTube series #GoToBedWithMe.
- Actress who played Emma on Friends responds to 2020.
- Meg’s post about her goals for 2020 is a great read.
- Grace’s year-in-review posts are always my favorite to read.
- Why your Uber ride can cost as much as a plane ticket.
And here’s what’s been new on TOT lately: