HELLO AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS! As of 5pm today, I am officially on adult holiday break for two weeks! I am lucky that I can take the vacation time off, and I am so, so excited. I’ve worked really hard this year and was starting to feel a little burned out, so I think two weeks of rest and relaxation is really going to be good for me.
The blog got away from me this holiday season, but I am excited to have the time to write some posts that have been on my list for a while now! You can expect a few posts from me between now and Christmas, and then a few more after the holiday as well.
Tonight is my first night without any plans for the first time in nearly two weeks, and you have no idea how excited I am to sit at home tonight to watch It’s a Wonderful Life with my Christmas tree candle burning while wrapping all the presents that Amazon and others have so dutifully delivered to my apartment the last couple of weeks. The rest of the weekend, I plan on getting in the holiday spirit—I am going to check out the Christmas bar in town, Miracle on 7th, tomorrow, and then on Sunday night, my sister and my cousin are hosting a holiday-themed murder mystery party called Ho Ho Homicide, hah! It should be a really fun time.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope it is merry + bright!
- Stop believing in free shipping.
- How holiday decorations became the elite’s new competitive sport.
- The rise of the warehouse wedding.
- Koalas are likely dying by the hundreds due to wildfires.
- Old school jewelry heists are on the rise.
- Six-figure price tags are coming to colleges.
- How Amazon wove itself into the life of an American city.
- Princess Anne is getting a popularity boost thanks to The Crown.
- The false promises of morning routines.
- In Prince Andrew scandal, Prince Charles emerges as monarch-in-waiting.
- Border patrol threw away migrant’s things. A janitor photographed them.
- CBS is moving its news show from NYC to Washington.
- The Knot and Pinterest promise to restrict plantation wedding content.
- I always love doing my Spotfiy wrapped at the end of the year!
- I loved Jess’s post on turning 35.
- A cute video of a delivery guy greeted with holiday treats.
- I plan on spending a lot of time with Bloomberg’s jealously list this week.
- Chrissy Teigen gets real about life as a celeb.
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill call out the NRA.
- Michelle Obama on Ellen’s Greatest Night was so heartwarming.
- Bob Iger is Time’s Business Person of the Year.
- Barbara Bush and Jenna Bush Hager on the importance of reading.
- This is what a devastating earthquake in California would look like.
- The world’s oldest living couple celebrate 80 years of marriage.
- A look inside Salt & Sundry founder Amanda’s Logan Circle townhome.
- This story about the voice at the London Underground was so touching.
And here’s what’s new on TOT: