Happy Saturday! In case you missed it, I shared Katie’s Favorite Things: My 2019 Gift Guide! earlier this week so that you can browse my recommendations for gifts before the Black Friday sales start this week. I’ve already added a few things to my recommendations, and will plan to update it throughout the season.
This weekend, I kept things pretty low key. I had a really busy week at work and knew I’d need some recovery time. I also was really craving a weekend where I could just hang out on my couch and catch up on the new episodes of The Crown and watch some cheesy Christmas movies. Other than going to The Pembroke with dinner club last night and taking a Soul Cycle class with one of my favorite instructors, I have no plans this weekend—and fully intend to keep it that way. I’m also super excited for the short week at work and really just want to relax and be lazy over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Speaking of Thanksgiving—since my parents are local, I’m planning on heading home Thursday morning and hanging out with the fam in the suburbs for a few days. My uncle is hosting our big family get together like always, and it’s one of my favorite days of the year. My 10-year high school reunion is the Saturday night the week after Thanksgiving, and, of course, I’m hoping that UVA can become victorious this year in the Commonwealth Cup!
I hope you all have a nice weekend! x
- I loved this post from Jen: Where Many Walk Alone.
- How to get a free year of Disney+ if you’re a Verizon customer.
- I’ve been loving the Marie Claire Couples + Money column lately.
- Queen Elizabeth’s real-life betrayal at Buckingham Palace.
- Ghost ships, crop circles, and soft gold: a GPS mystery in Shanghai.
- California is becoming unlivable.
- Jimmy Fallon performs ‘Thank God I’m a Country Boy’ in ATX.
- What Joe Biden can’t bring himself to say.
- USA Gymnastics was investigating Larry Nassar. Nobody told Simone Biles.
- The future of UVA’s Grounds, in eight projects.
- Being a law firm partner was once a job for life. That culture is all but dead.
- The royal family has lost control of the message.
And here’s what’s been new on TOT lately:
- Katie’s Favorite Things: My 2019 Gift Guide!
- The Best Cocktail for Holiday Entertaining: Pomegranate Moscow Mules
- Dinner Club: Le Diplomate
- Newsies is in Town at Arena Stage!
- The Best App for Traveling With Friends
- An All-Black Outfit + Festive Earrings for the Holidays
- Wagyu & Wine at The Capital Grille
- On My Nightstand: October 2019