TGIF! I have been a little MIA around here since I went on an amazing road trip through Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia with one of my best friends. I absolutely fell in love with it down there, and can’t wait to share the full recap of all the cities and amazing places we visited. I made a new highlight of all my Stories from our trip over on Instagram. We got back Tuesday night, and I feel like I’ve been behind on sleep ever since. I am excited for a chill weekend—and a light travel schedule this fall!
I also want to take a minute to express how my heart breaks for the people of the Bahamas, and all those who have been impacted by Dorian’s devastating path. I am always so inspired by Chef José Andrés ability to mobilize and feed so many in the midst of crisis, so I decided to donate to his World Central Kitchen as a tiny way to help people in need. If you’re tight on cash, but still want to help, one thing I’ve done in the past is donate Southwest airline miles to Team Rubicon or the American Red Cross.
I hope those who are hurting or in the midst of loss are able to find relief and peace, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! x
PS. The picture above was taken at the Monmouth Historic Inn in Natchez, Mississippi, and I can’t wait to give you the full recap on our wonderful stay there!
- A storm chaser went silent as Dorian hit the Bahamas.
- The drinking trend that’s on the rise in DC: not drinking.
- Families go deep in debt to stay in the middle class.
- Olympic organizations and the FBI knew Larry Nassar was abusing young gymnasts.
- Katie Couric recently spoke at one of my alma mater’s, Georgetown.
- I love Grace’s round up of the 10 best beach reads of all time!
- Target just launched amazing Halloween costumes for kids with disabilities.
- The Sail to Sable summer beach party looked so fun.
- Pakistan moves to ban single-use plastic bags.
- An interesting read from the Atlantic about the NCAA and college athletes.
- This intern commutes four hours a day in pursuit of a better life.
- Kelly Corrigan is one of my favorite authors and I loved her advice to college freshmen.
- See the charming inside of Julia Engel’s home in Southern Living.
- Robert De Niro’s company files $6MM suit against VP who watched Friends on the job.
- Gwyneth Paltrow hired a professional book curator—here are her shelves.
- I loved all the seniors at Mentor Ridge Health & Rehab who held up first day signs.
- I really enjoyed Carly’s post on turning 30.
- Inside the complicated world of the travel influencer.
- Lori Loughlin finally gets a win.
- A heart wrenching story about why teachers are leaving DCPS in droves.
- The great book migration at UVA has begun.
And here’s what’s been new on TOT lately: