T-G-I-F! This post is coming in on Friday evening instead of Friday morning because I was over at my sister’s new apartment last night drinking wine and the evening got away from me! It’s been about a month since the last link love post, but I really am going to strive to get these back on an every-other-week schedule since I know they are popular.
Two fun *free* things I wanted to flag, that you might have seen if you follow me over on Instagram, since I shared both of these on my Instagram Story earlier this week!:
- Sign up by 7/31 and try Kindle Unlimited free for three months!: I signed up earlier this week for the Kindle Unlimited free trial and I will report back with how I like it. Kindle Unlimited is normally $9.99/month, and I was really excited about this deal when I signed up. However, when I went to find several books that are on my list to read, none of them are included in the Kindle Unlimited Library. So, it’s probably a better product for you if you like to browse and find something that looks good to read, versus how I typically source my reads—which is through your recommendations and reading other blogs! I’ll share more complete thoughts once I’ve had more time with the trial though, so stay tuned.
- The Capital Burger Short Fridays are BACK!: From 3:30-5:30pm, Short Fridays at The Capital Burger is a great way to kick off the start of an early weekend with a unique cocktail, wine, or beer experience. The best part? Your first drink is COMPLIMENTARY! Yes, you read that right—it’s free! I don’t know of any other happy hour in the city that offers you your first drink en gratis, so you can bet I’ll definitely be back at another Short Friday soon. You can see the full schedule here and read my post from last year when I went to Short Fridays here.
One thing I’ve been loving this summer are long walks around my neighborhood on the weekends. I pretty much always take one on Sunday night, and try to squeeze in a few others as well. It’s such a fun way to admire the gorgeous homes, stumble upon new restaurants, and really feel like this is my corner of the world. Not to mention, it’s a great way to squeeze in some exercise and podcast listening time. I snapped the picture above on one of these walks—it doesn’t do the scene justice because the light was hitting the flowers and the building in such a beautiful way!
I am at home this weekend and so excited to have a chill weekend—well, as chill as a weekend can be when it’s 100 degrees outside ;]! I’m shooting an apartment tour for you guys (!!!) and seeing The Lion King, so it’s shaping up to be a great one. Hakuna Matata!
- Best thing I read all week: Notre Dame came far closer to collapsing than people knew. This is how it was saved.
- Cities start to question an American ideal: a house with a yard on a lot.
- The story behind Old Navy’s flag tee, a nostalgic and accidental phenomenon.
- The Nets turn to No Kings Collective for their in-park mural.
- This Nike video advertisement after the US Women Soccer team won gives me chills.
- My two favorite ACC coaches tag team for a fun advertisement.
- Amazon revealed its best books of 2019.
- A great look at how influencers balance friendship and business with Grace Atwood.
- Speaking of Grace, I loved her post about living life at your own pace.
- Dean & DeLuca’s future is bleak, but when it opened, it was groundbreaking.
- What would The Father of the Bride wedding look like now?
- A great excerpt about JFK Jr. from the new book Four Friends: Promising Lives Cut Short.
- Lee Radziwill’s personal collection to be auctioned off this fall.
- Katie Couric on JFK Jr.’s final television interview.
- I really enjoyed Krista’s post on staying body positive for her wedding.
- HBO Max’s golden ticket is Friends.
And, here’s what’s been new on A Touch of Teal lately: