Happy, happy Friday! I am heading to Quebec City, Canada tomorrow with my sisters and could not be more excited. I’ve spent most nights after work this week researching places to eat and drink and things we can explore. I always get more excited about trips when I have time to research ahead of time because it gives me multiple things to look forward to! I can’t wait to share our trip here. I have been to QC once before, but it’s been 15 years, and I am so excited to get back.
Last weekend, I was at my cousin’s wedding in Atlanta, and we had the absolute best time. We flew down on Saturday and got into town in time for the rehearsal dinner. After, my whole family enjoyed a few nightcaps around the fire pit at our hotel. The next day, we grabbed lunch at Landshark at Lake Lanier, and it was truly such a paradise—it was right on the water! I would have never guessed we were outside of Atlanta. The wedding itself was Sunday night and was absolutely stunning, plus they had the best band of any wedding I’ve ever been to. We flew home Monday and I was so bummed it was over! But, as always, nice to sleep in my own bed. Not complaining about the four nights of hotel beds in my immediate future, either, though!
I hope you have a great weekend! x
- Six career hacks from Apple VP Kate Bergeron.
- How rising restaurant rents have transformed 14th Street into a destination for chains.
- The Olsens ring in their birthday wearing matching tiaras.
- A new podcast further investigates the DC mansion murders.
- How Vietnamese women took over the US nail industry.
- Sweetgreen sets its sights on dinner with purchase of meal delivery service Galley Foods.
- The case for boring office clothes.
- A bus driver in Dallas makes the ride to school the best of kids’ day.
- The Op Ed that’s sweeping the nation: smash the wellness industry.
- Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret’s liberty-print dresses go up for auction.
- New York editor invented half-day summer Fridays. Silicon Valley killed them.
- The Points Guy raced to The Hamptons.
- 9 women who inspired Grace share what they love about themselves.
- Loved this recap of the Chicago Bad on Paper podcast.
And here’s what’s new on A Touch of Teal: