Sup, team! Happy Friday!
It’s hard for me to believe that we’re already halfway through April. As y’all know, I went to the Final Four in Minneapolis earlier this month (recap coming next week!), and then earlier this week, I was in New York City for work. I love traveling and am so grateful my job takes me to some really cool places and events, but being “on the road” has really thrown off my normal routine these past few weeks. It’s supposed to be a rainy one here in DC today, so I am excited to come home from work tonight, sit on my couch, and just reset—catch up on blog emails, write some posts, let myself aimlessly get down the internet rabbit hole. I love being productive, but sometimes having no agenda and the time to just chill is the best form of restoration.
This week I’ve reading a lot about the fire at the Cathedral of Notre Dame on Monday, which coincidentally—or maybe not so coincidentally—happened during Holy Week. Cris Clapp Logan (one of my favorite people to follow!) said it was a great week for a resurrection—and I couldn’t agree more. Much like the French will resurrect La Cathédrale and its famed spire, we too have the promise of Resurrection the empty tomb gives us on Easter, as so beautifully captured in my favorite hymn, I Am the Bread of Life: “I am the Resurrection, I am the Life, if you believe in Me, even though you die, you will live forever…and I will raise you up on the last day.”
Happy Easter! He is Risen! x
- What it’s like to have more money than you’ll ever spend.
- Facing losses, Conde Nast plans to put three magazines up for sale.
- How Kimberly Kreuzberger doubled media revenue at Goop.
- Some amazing vintage Cherry Blossoms photos!
- How extraordinary was Virginia’s title run? Just count up the miracles.
- Another great UVA championship read: for those left behind.
- On winning at Virginia.
- Tipping may be the norm, but not for hotel housekeepers.
- How Silicon Valley turned your burrito into a capitalist nightmare.
- A Friends Cards Against Humanity set is here!
- The OG Steve Madden platform sandals are back.
- Online shopping’s golden age of free, easy returns is ending.
And here’s what’s been new on A Touch of Teal: