Y’all—how is it March?! January dragged on, but February really seemed to fly. Though I’m sick of the cold weather, I enjoy March for two main reasons—for one, spring forward means it stays lighter longer and I’m not leaving work when it’s pitch dark out! For another, I am a huge college basketball fan and love March Madness. This year, I’ll be working the Final Four with my day job, so that’s going to be a really fun (but hectic!) experience—and definitely a major bucket list item for me.
Today I’m actually coming at you live from New York City! This is my first business trip with my new job, and it’s kind of a full circle moment for me. I stayed at the W Hotel in Union Square last night, which is just a stone’s throw away from where I lived in the NYU dorms when I interned in the city one summer during college. Oh the things I wish my 28-year-old-self could tell me at 21! Normally, I’d extend my trip and stay the weekend in New York, but tomorrow I’m co-hosting an engagement party for one of my best friend’s, so I’m hopping on a train home this afternoon.
Other than that, I’ve got a pretty relaxing weekend and that’s just the way I like it these days! I’m going to hit up Soul Cycle, write some posts for next week, and cuddle up on my couch with a good book. In like a lion and out like a lamb—hope your March gets off to a great start! x
THIS WEEK’S LINKS
- Loved this post where my friend Jackie shared how she edits her Instagram photos.
- A roundup of the best signs when UVA hosted ESPN Gameday against Duke.
- Real or fake: five Instagram algorithm rumors explained.
- 27 tweets about books only ’90s and ’00s teens will understand.
- The best thing I read all week: on being single in your 30s.
- Why does it feel like everyone has more money than you?
- A great look from The Cut at Tulum, Mexico and the impacts of its popularity.
- The modern trap of feeling obligated to turn hobbies into hustles.
- Still reeling from scandal, gymnastics rediscovers joy at UCLA.
- Target launches new, cheap premium wine collection starting at $9.99 a bottle.
All your links this week are SO good!! The dating post was one I read this week as well and it totally struck a cord with me. Enjoy your weekend!
Thank you – I *loved* that one, too!
Thank you so much for including my post, Katie! Means so much to me!
Thank you so much for writing it! x