Happy, happy Friday! For some reason, this week felt really long to me—I think it’s because I’ve had a few things hanging over my head all week that didn’t get crossed off the to-do list until yesterday, but now that they are behind me, I feel so relieved and ready to enjoy the weekend. Tonight, I’m just going to hang out at my apartment and catch up on my favorite TV shows—I’m so looking forward to a relaxing night in! I also plan on writing some blog posts for next week and have some fun post ideas to share, including a big life lately update, so stay tuned!
Tomorrow night should be a fun one as my family is coming to my new apartment—some for the first time!—to celebrate my 28th birthday a few weeks early (it’s on the 15th!) at an Italian restaurant on my street. Last night I had my good friend, Kate, over for a wine night and I absolutely love hosting people in my new space (even though it’s small!), so am excited to get another crack at it this week.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you have a great one! x
This Week’s Links
- I love the tiara Princess Eugenie wore to her wedding.
- Five ways Sears changed retailing as we know it.
- Meet flamingo, the new female shaving brand from subscription favorite, Harry’s.
- Here’s what it’s really like to plan a royal tour.
- A family’s moving obituary for a mother who died of opioid addiction.
- How the fleece vest became the new corporate uniform.
- I loved Mackenzie’s post on the charitable organization her parents work for.
- Did anyone else have the American Girl book The Care and Keeping of You?
- A great read on why Charlottesville’s racial divide hinders students.
- I love all the pictures Julia of Gal Meets Glam has been taking on film—they are beautiful!
- Nebraska’s new painfully honest state slogan.
- Police in England are looking for an alleged suspect who looks like Ross from Friends.
- Welcome to the golden era of Kate Middleton.
- Former UVA basketball star Malcolm Brogden recruits NBA players to help build wells.
- Coral House Harbour Island is on my bucket list—love it’s feature in Coastal Living.
- Speaking of Coral House, I absolutely love the custom playing cards they commissioned.
- Trick-or-treating isn’t what it used to be.
- Kate Middleton had the opportunity to read letters from her WWI relatives.
- Inside the enduring mystery of what happened to Russia’s imperial jewelry.
- The handbag everyone was obsessed with the year you were born.
A Few Random Things
+ I am still on the quest for the perfect work pant. If you read this post, you know that I’ve been wearing the Old Navy Pixie Pants for about a year now, but am “meh” on the fact they have faded in the wash. (Unsurprising, you get what you pay for—but I love the fit on those pants!) So, I ordered the Ann Taylor Chelsea Skinny Pants or the Ann Taylor Ankle Pant in Seasonless Stretch. Both came this week, but I felt like the fabric quality in the former was not that great—it was very thin—and I felt like the fit on the latter was not great—the pants were pretty tight throughout the thigh and calf, but really flared out around the ankle in an unflattering way. So, I’ve ordered the LOFT Julie Skinny Pants and the LOFT Julie Skinny Pants in the Ankle Fit for comparison. For a different fit, I’ve been trying out the Express High Waisted Sash Ankle Pant—I’ve ordered a few different sizes, but still am not sure they are the best fit for my body type. I will report back as I try things out!
+ I’m on the search for the perfect dress to wear to my work holiday party this year. My first year, I wore a blue lace dress I also wore to my cousin’s wedding. The next year, I wore a red dress—that I actually rented again last minute two years later when my initial RTR dress choice fell through. The other two years, I’ve worn black dresses. As such, I was thinking it could be fun to wear a green dress this year. I haven’t found one that I love yet, but if you come across one—please send it my way! I typically rent dresses for my holiday parties, but would be down to buy one if it was the right price/fit.
+ I picked up this dress from ASOS because I thought it was just so fun! It arrives early next week, so I will report back on the fit and if I keep it or not—but I think it could also look great with tights this winter. I’ve also been stalking these flats from ASOS and finally found them in a size 7 randomly this Wednesday, so I scooped them up! They are wide fit, but I’m hoping they aren’t too wide for my feet—fingers crossed! Good news is that ASOS has free returns, so these are risk-free purchases.
+ On a housekeeping note, I’m going to start holiday gift guides this year on Monday, November 12—I’m excited to shop for all y’all! Let me know what you would like to see first, and I’ll be sure to make it happen for you.
What’s New on A Touch of Teal
- My favorite spots in Old Town Alexandria.
- What I (actually) wear to work.
- My favorite leopard coat for fall.
- How I’ve saved $100s on books.
- What’s on my nightstand.
- TV mounting tips—aka things I learned the hard way.
Thank you so much for sharing our home Katie! Your blog is gorgeous! xx, Chassity
Aw thank you! Your home is beautiful :]
I’m obsessed with the Pixie pants from Old Navy. To me, they’re the perfect work pants.
I really like them, too! Truthfully, if I can’t find another work pant I like better, I’m just buying them again — assuming they restock in my size!